The ING New York City Marathon

Old February 21st 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.running

Default The ING New York City Marathon

Hello everyone,

I am from Switzerland and would like to run the NYC Marathon once in my
life... I never applied to be honest, and I was wandering if some of you
could share tips and experience on registration to NYC Marathon.

On the official site it says:
Registration for the ING New York City Marathon 2006 will be available on
March 1.

I don't understand why the organisations in Switzerland which organise trips
to NYC to participate in the marathon refused my application... I know there
is a lottery though, I am wandering what are my chances to get a number and
actually run it.

stephane

Old February 21st 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.running

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:10:54 +0100, "Steff"
wrote:

I am from Switzerland and would like to run the NYC Marathon once in my
life... I never applied to be honest, and I was wandering if some of you
could share tips and experience on registration to NYC Marathon.

Send me your money, and I'll see you get in.
Old February 21st 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.running

wrote:

I don't understand why the organisations in Switzerland which organise trips
to NYC to participate in the marathon refused my application.

Because you're ugly and dull-witted? (just a guess)
Old February 22nd 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.running

Hi Stephane. When my husband and I ran the NY Marathon, we got a place
through a charity called Get Kids Going. They arranged the place and
travel etc in exchange for you raising as money for the charity. Most
charities do this and the amount you need to raise is usually around
1,000. It m ight be worth you contacting some charities in your
country to see if they do something similar.
Good luck! It's a wonderful run, so keep trying.

Mo