Bowflex in Power Cage for Toning

Old November 8th 04, 03:39 PM
DHW

Default Bowflex in Power Cage for Toning

I'm thinking of buying a power cage for my Bowflex. I think with that
combination I'll be able to work to failure more completely, go all
the way for the burn, get myself pumped up ... you know, get all
hardcore and salty ... and get more toned.

My qustion: Should I spend the extra money and get one of the new
power cages made from titanium?

Oh, I almost forgot. Yesterday while reracking my weights I stumbled
over a 25lb plate someone had left on the floor. I fell right on top
of one of the floor racks and impaled myself much like the Korean
Puppet did at the end of Team America: World Police. I'm pretty sure I
broke some ribs and punctured a lung ... should I put ice on this? Or
would heat be better? Should I lift lighter or butch up and add a few
plates?

[OK. So, this is all BS. (And yet, I felt I had to point that out for
the one or two who would wonder) But it is far closer to being
fitness-related than a lot of the recent stuff. Bush won ... my guy
lost ... we need to get over it. And the Bushies need to quit
gloating]

On another Bowflex note -- have you seen the commercial featuring the
attractive 50-year old grandmother? Bowflex now seems to keep a person
from turning gray as they age.
D. Wells

Remove the numbers to mail me. Include the text "gore-in-2004"
(without quotation marks) to ensure you make it past the spam filter.
Old November 8th 04, 03:58 PM
Lurker

(snip)

On another Bowflex note -- have you seen the commercial featuring the
attractive 50-year old grandmother? Bowflex now seems to keep a person
from turning gray as they age.
D. Wells

Remove the numbers to mail me. Include the text "gore-in-2004"
(without quotation marks) to ensure you make it past the spam filter.

What most folks on this group don't seem to realize is that the makers
of boxflex actually harbor a large number of Nazi scientists from the
second world war.

Using technology developed to help those with a nicotine addiction give
themselves a steady stream throughout the night's sleep, er, I mean quit
smoking, and a good marketing ploy of "only 20 minutes a day three times
a week" they are actually getting folks to lie on a very large dermal
pad which contains super secret growth steriods, reverse aging compounds
and fat burning gels.

This allows the folks who buy and use bowflex to become
Hyuuuuuuuuggggggggggggge, Ripped, toned and cut all at the the same
time. Breaking once and for all the myth about being able to lose body
fat and gain muscle at the same time.

This is not without side effects though. Strangley enough the genius
behind this product can not seem to come up with a way to keep it from
causing total loss of body hair and a bronzing of the skin and hair
tone. So you see the "not graying" is actually a side effect of a side
effect. It also seems to have a direct effect on one's bank account, but
Scully and Moulder are checking into that one.

In addition, this also explains why gyms, health clubs, and body
builders don't have boxflexs. In the case of gyms and health clubs, it
would be considered quite poor taste to be administering steroids and
gels compounds to members without their concent/knowledge. Beginings of
a law suits if you ask me. And to tell the members of the wonders of
this machine would be sheer anarcy until all the other machinery/free
weights were sold off and every square foot of the gym floor was covered
in bowflexs. Not a cheap undertaking.

Body builders are tested for bowflex related compounds and therefore
would be risking their "natural" status if a bowflex was used. Except in
Germany of course where they refuse to acknowledge that the scientists
exist, therefore refusing to acknowledge that the steroids/compounds exist.

So in closing I would like to ask folks to consider these elements of
bowflex before plopping down on one. We all want to be hyuuuuuge,
ripped, toned and cut. But at what cost? Do you really want to be known
as a bow-juicer?

Lurker
Old November 9th 04, 05:13 AM
Pete

"Lurker" wrote in message
(snip)

On another Bowflex note -- have you seen the commercial featuring the
attractive 50-year old grandmother? Bowflex now seems to keep a person
from turning gray as they age.
D. Wells

What does being 50 have to do with being gray? I'm 48 without a hint of
gray. A female friend was completely gray before 40. Methinks heredity has a
great deal to do with outward appearances of aging.

---

Old November 9th 04, 06:16 AM
Proton Soup

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:13:09 -0800, "Pete"
wrote:

"Lurker" wrote in message
(snip)

On another Bowflex note -- have you seen the commercial featuring the
attractive 50-year old grandmother? Bowflex now seems to keep a person
from turning gray as they age.
D. Wells

What does being 50 have to do with being gray? I'm 48 without a hint of
gray. A female friend was completely gray before 40. Methinks heredity has a
great deal to do with outward appearances of aging.

I had a few grey hairs when I was sixteen. But I didn't start to feel
old until they started showing up in my nose and on my scrotum.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane
Old November 9th 04, 01:19 PM
Another nobody

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:16:48 -0600, Proton Soup
wrote:

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:13:09 -0800, "Pete"
wrote:

"Lurker" wrote in message
(snip)

On another Bowflex note -- have you seen the commercial featuring the
attractive 50-year old grandmother? Bowflex now seems to keep a person
from turning gray as they age.
D. Wells

What does being 50 have to do with being gray? I'm 48 without a hint of
gray. A female friend was completely gray before 40. Methinks heredity has a
great deal to do with outward appearances of aging.

I had a few grey hairs when I was sixteen. But I didn't start to feel
old until they started showing up in my nose and on my scrotum.

-----------
Proton Soup

How did your scrotum hairs get in your nose?
Old November 9th 04, 03:28 PM
Per Elmsäter

wrote:

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:13:09 -0800, "Pete"
wrote:

"Lurker" wrote in message
(snip)

On another Bowflex note -- have you seen the commercial featuring
the attractive 50-year old grandmother? Bowflex now seems to keep
a person from turning gray as they age.
D. Wells

What does being 50 have to do with being gray? I'm 48 without a
hint of gray. A female friend was completely gray before 40.
Methinks heredity has a great deal to do with outward appearances
of aging.

I had a few gray hairs when I was sixteen. But I didn't start to
feel old until they started showing up in my nose and on my scrotum.

-----------
Proton Soup

How did your scrotum hairs get in your nose?

None of the hairs were his, but they were definitely gray scrotum hairs. Now
that would make anybody feel old wouldn't it ;(

BTW does anybody know where I can get me one of these Bowflex Powercages? If
my gym won't get me one I suppose I'll have to sacrifice my TV couch for a
cage.

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Old November 9th 04, 04:47 PM
DHW

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:13:09 -0800, "Pete"
wrote:

"Lurker" wrote in message
(snip)

On another Bowflex note -- have you seen the commercial featuring the
attractive 50-year old grandmother? Bowflex now seems to keep a person
from turning gray as they age.
D. Wells

What does being 50 have to do with being gray? I'm 48 without a hint of
gray. A female friend was completely gray before 40. Methinks heredity has a
great deal to do with outward appearances of aging.

I agree -- but it is probably uncommon to be that age and gray-free.
Please note, I've done no studies.

I had a neighbor in his mid-50's who had a full head of dark hair with
just one or two gray ones. His dad, at 83, was completely gray, but
still had a full head.

My hair is light and I didn't realize just how much gray was in it
until I was on a trip and stayed in a motel room with
less-than-flattering bathroom lighting. Something about the light
showed every gray hair in my head.

Fortunately, the solid-white rapidly-growing ear hairs I have distract
from the gray on my scalp.

Old November 9th 04, 04:51 PM
DHW

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 06:58:01 -0800, Lurker
wrote:

Using technology developed to help those with a nicotine addiction give
themselves a steady stream throughout the night's sleep, er, I mean quit
smoking, and a good marketing ploy of "only 20 minutes a day three times
a week" they are actually getting folks to lie on a very large dermal
pad which contains super secret growth steriods, reverse aging compounds
and fat burning gels.

snipped

So in closing I would like to ask folks to consider these elements of
bowflex before plopping down on one. We all want to be hyuuuuuge,
ripped, toned and cut. But at what cost? Do you really want to be known
as a bow-juicer?

Lurker

I always appreciate a well-thought-out humerous post.
(Even when I'm not sure how to punctuate the sentence showing my
appreciation ... do I need the hyphens at all?)

Old November 10th 04, 03:55 AM
User

I had a few grey hairs when I was sixteen. But I didn't start to feel
old until they started showing up in my nose and on my scrotum.

Been going grey since 17, starting to see a receding hairline now at 27.

But I shave my head to stubble twice a week, so it minimizes the appearance
of both.

Plus I don't care about either .

Old November 10th 04, 04:17 AM
Pete

"User" wrote in message
I had a few grey hairs when I was sixteen. But I didn't start to feel
old until they started showing up in my nose and on my scrotum.

Been going grey since 17, starting to see a receding hairline now at 27.

But I shave my head to stubble twice a week, so it minimizes the

appearance
of both.

Plus I don't care about either .

Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that.

---

Bicep curls in power cage Dally Weights 71 June 14th 04 09:41 PM
Deadlifts scare the crap out of me - building a power cage Matt Shepherd Weights 12 March 29th 04 02:06 PM
Power Cage vs Half Cage Top Spin Weights 8 January 5th 04 01:12 AM
Power Cage or Rack mike0864 Weights 13 December 1st 03 04:05 PM
Vicodin Abusing No-Integrity Hypocrite ATP Weights 103 October 9th 03 06:51 PM