New Obesity Drug

Old November 10th 04, 04:03 PM
Lee Michaels

Default New Obesity Drug

Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both losing
weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

Old November 10th 04, 09:49 PM
Grinch

Lee Michaels wrote:
Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both losing
weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

Ahem. The studies look less than impressive.
Old November 11th 04, 12:03 AM
The Voice of Reason

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both losing
weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

I've got an obesity drug: it's called the GYM!
Old November 11th 04, 12:51 AM
Grinch

The Voice of Reason wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...

Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both losing
weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

I've got an obesity drug: it's called the GYM!

Who wants an obesity drug?
Old November 11th 04, 01:25 AM
Lee Michaels

"Grinch" wrote in message
. uk...
The Voice of Reason wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

news:[email protected]_s01...

Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both

losing
weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

I've got an obesity drug: it's called the GYM!

Who wants an obesity drug?

Every drug company on the planet.

Old November 11th 04, 01:33 AM
David Cohen

"Lee Michaels" wrote
"Grinch" wrote
The Voice of Reason wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote
Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both

losing
weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

I've got an obesity drug: it's called the GYM!

Who wants an obesity drug?

Every drug company on the planet.

Lee, "obesity" drug as opposed to "ANTI-obesity" drug.

Anyway, there already exists a good, smokable obesity drug.

"'...ere"

Old November 11th 04, 01:38 AM
John HUDSON

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:25:15 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Grinch" wrote in message
.uk...
The Voice of Reason wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

news:[email protected]_s01...

Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both

losing
weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

I've got an obesity drug: it's called the GYM!

Who wants an obesity drug?

Every drug company on the planet.

I suspect Lee, that they might just prefer and anti-obesity drug. Do
you really think that there is a market for an "obesity drug"? ;o)

Old November 11th 04, 04:29 PM
Grinch

John HUDSON wrote:
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:25:15 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Grinch" wrote in message
o.uk...

The Voice of Reason wrote:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

news:[email protected]_s01...

Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both

losing

weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

I've got an obesity drug: it's called the GYM!

Who wants an obesity drug?

Every drug company on the planet.

I suspect Lee, that they might just prefer and anti-obesity drug. Do
you really think that there is a market for an "obesity drug"? ;o)

Maybe in Somalia
Old November 11th 04, 04:46 PM
rick++

I'd be apprehensive about drugs that work on brain chemistry.
Will it dampan the sex drive too? Will it push psychotics over
the edge? Will it change peole's personalities?
We've seen these harmful side effects in some other psychotropic drugs.
Old November 11th 04, 04:50 PM
Lee Michaels

John HUDSON wrote:
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:25:15 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Grinch" wrote in message
o.uk...

The Voice of Reason wrote:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

news:[email protected]_s01...

Something called Rimonabant, which apparently seems to help with both

losing

weight and stopping smoking.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-drug_x.htm

I've got an obesity drug: it's called the GYM!

Who wants an obesity drug?

Every drug company on the planet.

I suspect Lee, that they might just prefer and anti-obesity drug. Do
you really think that there is a market for an "obesity drug"? ;o)

Retard Hudson is trying to make a funny.

I referred to it as an obesity drug because that is what the media, the docs
doing the research and the drug companies called it. If you want them to
change their definition, feel free to babble your incohereent bull**** to
them.

They will ignore you just like most folks here do.