Running down stairs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th 05, 06:56 PM
Selene

Default Running down stairs

You know that new gov't recommendation to get 90 minutes of exercise a day?
Well, one of the ways they suggest totalling that much is to take the stairs
whenever possible.

Handily, I work on the 15th floor. Unhandily, it is accessible only by
elevator (we don't even have an internal stairway to the other floors of my
company). Oh, we have a stairwell, but once you're in it, you can exit only
on the ground floor. And you can't get IN to it from the ground floor.

So I thought, well, I could take the stairs when I leave for lunch or the
gym or the day. But is there any advantage to that? Does going down stairs
really count for exercise? Or am I more likely to trip, fall, break my
neck, and deprive you all of my glittering presence? :-)

Seriously (because you're not getting rid of me that easily) is there any
point to taking the stairs down, but not up?

Selene

--

Don't top post in this NG - it's a tough crowd and you don't want to annoy
them. --Tim Williams