Which Polar HRM for club Life Fitness equipment?

Old July 8th 03, 03:44 PM
John White

Default Which Polar HRM for club Life Fitness equipment?

I'd like to get a wireless heart rate monitor to use at my gym on Life
Fitness cardio equipment. I've looked at the Life Fitness site, but
haven't found anything but the most generic statements about Polar HRM
equipment compatibility. I'm not really looking for anything beyond
something which will collect HR information from my body and transmit
it to the Life Fitness equipment. Any suggestions? Will just
anything that comes with a wireless chest strap work? Does the bike
need to have special equipment on it to receive the info or do all
modern models have it built-in?
Old July 8th 03, 11:52 PM
John

(John White)

wrote:
Will just
anything that comes with a wireless chest strap work?

No, many transmit on their own frequency. If Polar is mentioned via Life
Fitness then it's the one to spend money on. The low end model sounds like all
you need and they are often for sale around $39.00.

John
Old July 9th 03, 03:15 AM
B. Peg

The transmit range is short, maybe 4 feet. Shouldn't be a problem. Fwiw, I
really like the data recording ability (mine's the 410 I think) that allows
me to off-load the info into PC Coach to see if I'm getting lazy.

B~

Old July 10th 03, 02:23 PM
John

(John White)

wrote:
Well, the A1 model retails for $50. I'll give it a try and report
back.

I don't know where you live, but I see the polar low end, (I believe it's the
A1 for 39.99). But really $10.00 shouldn't make or break the deal I guess.
Any polar model should work with the life fitness, but ask if you can return
the HRM if not.

John