20 years ?

Old April 11th 15, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Gilbert[_4_]

Default 20 years ?

Are we there yet ? I think so.

Long live u.r.w, irrespective of the protocol used to contribute
to it,

Eee, I feel old. Still climbing hills, mind

Roll call.... ?

Chris
Old April 12th 15, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Bob Douglas[_3_]

"Chris Gilbert" wrote in message
news:[email protected] co.uk...
Are we there yet ? I think so.

Long live u.r.w, irrespective of the protocol used to contribute
to it,

Eee, I feel old. Still climbing hills, mind

Roll call.... ?

Chris

Hope you're well, Chris.

.....you *are* old :-O

Just checked and my oldest post appears to be about 17 years old (and I
can't remember making it, or even identify much with the contents - now that
*is* getting old!)

Still checking in from time-to-time, and still walking reasonable distances,
maybe 40-50 miles a week, though not the (big) hills any longer since my
knees blew up in Austria a couple of years ago (replacement apparently
beckons :-( )

Old April 12th 15, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nick Maclaren[_3_]

In article ,
Bob Douglas wrote:

Roll call.... ?

I am still working, but shall be retiring this September, and hope
to do more walking and cycling. Not around Cambridge!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old April 12th 15, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

On 11/04/2015 22:19, Chris Gilbert wrote:

Roll call.... ?

I still look in. Walking activity temporarily down due to adoption of
two children, but the younger has the Munro and wild camping bug and is
now 11 so I'll be getting more in again from now :-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old April 12th 15, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_2_]

"Chris Gilbert" wrote in message
o.uk...
Are we there yet ? I think so.

Long live u.r.w, irrespective of the protocol used to contribute
to it,

Eee, I feel old. Still climbing hills, mind

Roll call.... ?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Still here - think I've been around for 15 years - still have my u.r.w cap
somewhere!

Graham

Old April 12th 15, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_2_]

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
On 11/04/2015 22:19, Chris Gilbert wrote:

Roll call.... ?

I still look in. Walking activity temporarily down due to adoption of two
children, but the younger has the Munro and wild camping bug and is now 11
so I'll be getting more in again from now :-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Yes, we have two girls and a boy but the girls weren't really into mountains
so I had several years of Lego Land instead :-(. Now my son is 8 I'm hoping
he'll be a bit more up for it (before I seize up and can't manage it myself}

Graham

Old April 12th 15, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Chris Gilbert[_4_]

He he. Good to see some farmiliar names

Bob, I think the group was created in March/April 1995. I know I
was still working at Nottingham at the time. The early stuff used to
still be in Deja news but Google Groups - where all the Deja stuff
went - doesn't seem to list it anymore but, yes, I think you are right
- I am old

If Martin Richardson is still around I'm pretty sure he is probably
the longest serving inmate. I think he beat me to joining by a couple
of hours Pete, I think you and Graham joined about the same
time. It will be interesting to see if anyone else checks in. Phil might
still be hanging around somewhere.

Chris

Old April 12th 15, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nick Maclaren[_3_]

In article ,
Chris Gilbert wrote:

Are you finally going to get to live near some hills, Nick ?

My wife wants to stay here! But I am half considering buying
or renting somewhere in the wilder parts of Scotland and (if
the kippers take over the asylum) becoming a non-dom :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old April 12th 15, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Tim Jackson[_2_]

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 19:27:21 +0100, Graham Seed wrote...

Still here - think I've been around for 15 years - still have my u.r.w cap
somewhere!

I have one somewhere too. Coincidentally, a friend asked me yesterday
for information about walking round the Pontneddfechan/Ystradfellte
waterfalls, and I came across a trip report by Paul Saunders which I
saved in 2000.

What happened to Paul then? Real life?

--
Tim Jackson
lid

60 years old Scott[_5_] Running 51 August 13th 08 02:09 PM
Been gone three years download.com Weights 20 May 27th 07 02:49 AM
75 years old........ Bob116 Weights 7 April 12th 05 01:34 PM
D-Day +60 years Tabers8 Weights 2 June 7th 04 06:51 AM
This guy is 14 years old? Steven C Weights 15 May 22nd 04 06:58 PM