What's the oldest/longest running Triathlon in the country(USA)? World?

Old January 30th 19, 08:36 PM posted to rec.sport.triathlon
[email protected]

Default What's the oldest/longest running Triathlon in the country(USA)? World?

Lew, just saw this post. You forgot in 1979 the Emmaus Road Runners Triathlon began in Eastern Pennsylvania.
1 mile swim / 30 mile cycle / 10 mile run. Rodale Press i believe was the original sponsor along with their Runners World magazine.
I won in β€˜81 and β€˜82. In’82 the following week I won Wilkes Barre in their first ever race then the next weekend I won Hamlin Beach on Lake Ontario.