A Fitness & exercise forum. FitnessBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FitnessBanter.com forum » About FitnessBanter » About this forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

body fat

Old May 15th 12, 08:48 AM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: May 2012
Angry body fat

i am 47 and in general good health. currently experiencing dreaded menopause . the thing is i have accumulated body fat around my stomach/inner thighs/upper arms/legs overall and got "love handles" which ive never had. ive tried interval running to burn fat which only resulted in nice big calves. so then ive got the amy dixon HITT interval dvd which is brill, works u so hard, but still no fat loss i have quite a good diet and dring at least 2 litres of water a day and am at the end of my tether. ive had all the tests ie thyroid etc and just cant shift it. its my legs which are quite fat and loads of cellulite they bother me the most. if i had been doing the exercises i have tried say, 2 yr ago i would have seen results definitely. i just cant understand how i can work so very hard and get no results. i even take acai berry to try speed up my metabolism because that supposidly slows as yer older. has anybody got any good advise please getting desperate thanxs
Old October 16th 12, 01:59 PM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by susi m View Post
i am 47 and in general good health. currently experiencing dreaded menopause . the thing is i have accumulated body fat around my stomach/inner thighs/upper arms/legs overall and got "love handles" which ive never had. ive tried interval running to burn fat which only resulted in nice big calves. so then ive got the amy dixon HITT interval dvd which is brill, works u so hard, but still no fat loss i have quite a good diet and dring at least 2 litres of water a day and am at the end of my tether. ive had all the tests ie thyroid etc and just cant shift it. its my legs which are quite fat and loads of cellulite they bother me the most. if i had been doing the exercises i have tried say, 2 yr ago i would have seen results definitely. i just cant understand how i can work so very hard and get no results. i even take acai berry to try speed up my metabolism because that supposidly slows as yer older. has anybody got any good advise please getting desperate thanxs
Yoga has many advantages over other methods of maintaining health, such as gymnastics, athletics, aerobics, games, and various other forms of exercise. It does not need any costly equipment and materials, or playgrounds, swimming pool, gyms, etc. Yoga can be practiced throughout the year.
Old May 30th 13, 11:34 PM
Banned

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by susi m View Post
Hi Susi -

When you say you have "quite a good diet" what does that mean exactly. My wife is 43 years old and recently lost 50 pounds by simply cleaning up her diet and getting rid of the bad carbs. She really watches her sugars and starches and tries to eat lean meats such as chicken and fish with vegetables. Its been about 5 months but she has progressed well.