home rowing machine for non-rower

Old March 25th 04, 05:33 PM
[email protected]_spam_goto_ca_doj.edu

Default home rowing machine for non-rower

Thinking of getting a foldable rowing machine to replace my 8 1/2 yr old
health rider for doing my daily 20 min exercise.

Any recommendations for a beginner type that is $250 or less?
Old March 25th 04, 09:10 PM
Proctologically Violated©®

wrote in message
Thinking of getting a foldable rowing machine to replace my 8 1/2 yr old
health rider for doing my daily 20 min exercise.

Any recommendations for a beginner type that is $250 or less?

Izzat the Covert Bailey-endorsed Healthrider? Where you kind
of pull yourself up out of a sitting position?
If so, that is actually not a bad machine, iffin you can
stand it for 20 mins. Sort of like the Versaclimber, another interesting
machine (Sleeping with the enemy, Richard Benjamin).
If there is something wrong with it (perhaps why you're looking
for rowers), it's likely worth fixing. A welding shop or general machine
shop might be helpful, and hopefully they won't bang you too hard.
I would do other things as well, but for certain muscle
groups--AND stretching the back--it's entirely legitimate and useful.
I find rowers disappointing, even the good ones. I can only
imagine a cheapie.
--
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d

Old March 26th 04, 02:23 AM

On 2004-03-25, Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Yup. Saw alot about it back in 1995 while locked at home for 8 weeks after
bypass surgery. The aerobic rider works for me in what I wanted; I don't
need to lose weight nor do I care to be a macho muscle type at my age.
Walking on theorectical 5 foot road shoulders while cars are whizzing by
at 50-55 mph on the 40 mph speed limit streets is a bit unnerving.

The plastic "washers" for the handle-bar are busted & I find I have to
do more tightening of a bolt at the swivel more often.

To me, the action of the health rider is similar to a rowing machine; I
don't need to similate "real" water rowing.
Old September 12th 14, 06:40 PM
Ostttarter Ostttarter is offline
Banned

your article is as astounding. The clearness in your publish is simply great