Tricks for keeping water out of fairly new goggles?

Old November 7th 14, 06:05 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

Default Tricks for keeping water out of fairly new goggles?

I have a fairly expensive pair of Barracuda goggles. I only swim once or twice a week and not for long periods. The goggles kept water out initially. After 3-4 swims, however, I was not able to keep water out of the right side. Now, after probably thirty times, I can't keep water out of the left either. The goggles lok perfectly fine to me. They are the type that is fairly small and fit just around the eye lids. I can create what seems like suction, and I see no problems with them. I used to swim a mile three days a week and never had this problem with other goggles. Any tips or tricks? I don't want to pay $40.00 for another pair when the current pair looks fine. The rubber isn't cracking, the lenses don't seem damaged. I can't figure it out.

Anyone Keeping a log? Burr Weights 31 December 19th 07 05:00 AM
goggles good for open-water sighting? [email protected] Swimming 8 September 21st 06 01:50 AM
goggles good for open-water sighting? [email protected] Triathalon 8 September 21st 06 01:50 AM
Fairly OT...Boxing vs Martial Arts Carl Collins Weights 7 September 6th 03 04:20 AM
Keeping it fun... gabadab Weights 9 August 16th 03 06:41 PM