Running in 2016

Old January 13th 16, 03:21 AM posted to rec.running
Bart Mathias

Default Running in 2016

On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 08:54:11 -0800 (PST)
Ed Prochak wrote:

I don't normally do resolutions but here goes:

I don't remember making any resolutions in my first 80 years, but why not try something new.

just to put myself on the line, my goal is to run every day of 2016.

Every day seems a bit much to me, but I'll shoot for every week. But as you know, Ed, I don't exactly run anymore. I'll try to "get out there" every week.

It may be as short as 10 minutes, but I plan to make a run each day.

I did just a 20 minute out and back yesterday.

This morning I let a 20 minute and 20 minute back, walking, take the place of my usual Tuesday morning 30~40 minute attempted jog (which includes a lot of walking anyway). Also saved me getting up at 4:25.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I don't think I will, but I'll be watching yours.

We won't let rec.running just fade away!
--
Bart Mathias
Old January 16th 16, 08:06 AM posted to rec.running
Bart Mathias

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:18:58 -0000 (UTC)
Tim+ wrote:

Bart Mathias wrote:

This morning I let a 20 minute and 20 minute back, walking, take the
place of my usual Tuesday morning 30~40 minute attempted jog (which
includes a lot of walking anyway). Also saved me getting up at 4:25.

Go on, tell us why you would otherwise need to get up at 4:25, particularly
at this time of year! ;-)

Actually not weather related. Just that since retirement I have become a
morning runner. Sunday (90 minutes or so), Tuesday (30~45), and Friday
(20~30). Five- or six-hour hike on Wednesday.

Sunday and Friday I sleep in, get on the road about 5:45 am. But I meet
friends for breakfast on Tuesdays, so I need to get up early to have
tiime to run and shower. That's all.
--
Bart Mathias