Trail shoes

Old March 11th 16, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Syke[_2_]

Default Trail shoes

I have a pair of Trezeta trail shoes (NEWTRAIL) which are now past it
but have given very good service, but like many things today,
replacement is not so simple. Several articles I have read recently
suggest that brands which in the past, like these, have been made in
Italy, are now being made in China, Vietnam etc. and there has been a
commensurate decline in quality Sure enough, when I enquired, Trezeta
informed me that the shoes are now made in China.

My question is, does anyone know of trail shoes which are still made in
Europe?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke
Old March 14th 16, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

On 11/03/2016 17:35, Syke wrote:
I have a pair of Trezeta trail shoes (NEWTRAIL) which are now past it
but have given very good service, but like many things today,
replacement is not so simple. Several articles I have read recently
suggest that brands which in the past, like these, have been made in
Italy, are now being made in China, Vietnam etc. and there has been a
commensurate decline in quality Sure enough, when I enquired, Trezeta
informed me that the shoes are now made in China.

My question is, does anyone know of trail shoes which are still made in
Europe?

Looking in my Brashers, not Brasher...

However, there's nothing magical about European manufactu it
certainly /can/ be excellent, and far-eastern can be shocking, but it's
really about the QA environment specified. Not all Chinese factories
are equal, and if you get experienced Chinese cobblers working to a high
spec QA system you should get good results. Not that I know what the
various vendors are specifying for QA and how much they're paying, so
I'm not recommending brands but I am saying don't assume they muct be
rubbish if they're Chinese.

As usual, the biggest factors are fit, which is down to shape of your
feet compared to the shape of the last they're made on, and the outsole,
which will be mass produced anyway and the suitability will depend on
what you're doing. So I'd work from those, and if they're made more
locally so much the better.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
NHS Tayside & Univ. of Dundee Ninewells Hospital & Med. School
Old March 15th 16, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Rooney

On 12/03/2016 01:35, Syke wrote:
I have a pair of Trezeta trail shoes (NEWTRAIL) which are now past it
but have given very good service, but like many things today,
replacement is not so simple. Several articles I have read recently
suggest that brands which in the past, like these, have been made in
Italy, are now being made in China, Vietnam etc. and there has been a
commensurate decline in quality Sure enough, when I enquired, Trezeta
informed me that the shoes are now made in China.

My question is, does anyone know of trail shoes which are still made in
Europe?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke

A very quick Google search shows several brands made in Europe. I've
never heard of any of them though, so can't offer any advice on how good
they are.

Peter is right - don't assume that being made in China implies poor
quality. Chinese factories usually produce low quality products for the
domestic market and much higher quality stuff for export (with strict
quality control). I suggest that you buy from Taobao: it's a huge
Chinese online shopping website. It's in Chinese, so you'd need to use
an agent (assuming that you can't read Chinese (-: )

Agents charge a very small fee and they get you a good deal. They check
out all the comments on the seller and the product. You can return the
shoes and get a replacement or refund if they aren't right for whatever
reason. Online shopping in China is much better than anything offered
in the UK (I often get same day delivery for things that I order in the
morning).

I've never had any problems with quality. Some of the counterfeit
products are very good buys too, for clothes and shoes.

Inov-8 Trail Shoes Andy Howell Walking in the UK 3 February 1st 06 11:04 AM
Trail Shoes Frank Boettcher Running 4 January 24th 06 07:10 AM
gore-tex trail shoes Lanceandrew Running 24 December 3rd 04 07:59 PM
Should I have "trail-running" shoes? TopCounsel Running 15 April 26th 04 10:13 PM
trail running shoes? Patrick Running 5 March 6th 04 01:54 AM