The Centurion Way

Old June 1st 16, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_2_]

Default The Centurion Way

On 01/06/2016 4:55 PM, Gordon H wrote:
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)

Just looked back at 2001 and randomly looked at a Foot and Mouth thread
- brought memories back! Think I'll start it up again :-)

Graham

Old June 2nd 16, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H[_4_]

On 01/06/2016 18:38, Graham Seed wrote:
On 01/06/2016 4:55 PM, Gordon H wrote:
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)

Just looked back at 2001 and randomly looked at a Foot and Mouth thread
- brought memories back! Think I'll start it up again :-)

Graham

I remember those years, restricted paths in the Yorkshire Dales...

20 plus years ago I took my wife for a drive from East Mancs up to the
Snake pass, but it started raining, then it turned to snow, then it
became a white-out and I decided that we would not pass the summit, and
pulled over to stare into the white void. A Park Warden landrover was
parked a few yards away, and he fought through the blizzard and
anxiously warned us against walking over the moors due the incidence of
Foot & Mouth.
I reassured him that we had no such intention.

;-)

--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply
Old June 4th 16, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_2_]

On 02/06/2016 12:27 PM, Gordon H wrote:
[...]

Lol! You wonder if they had a Ranger on every possible access point.
Hope he had a flask of coffee...