Whinlatter: parking: Revelin Moss

Old January 23rd 16, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Allan[_3_]

Default Whinlatter: parking: Revelin Moss

Just been up to Whinlatter (had a soggy, misty introduction to the NW
Fells bagging Grizedale Pike and Hopegill Head). I was going to park at
Hobcarton but the parking and access routes seem to be closed due to
forestry work (this may also affect the cyclists C2C). I went into
Whinlatter parking and found that the parking charges are £8 for all
day. The nice chap at the information centre at Whinlatter suggested I
try Revelin parking which is about 100 yards down the road from
Whinlatter vistor centre and is currently free because the meter is out
of order (don't know how long that 'perk' will last!)

Revelin parking (currently meter out of order):
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=320...4255&A=Y&Z=115

Hobcarton parking (temporarily closed for forestry work)
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=319...4535&A=Y&Z=115

Old November 14th 16, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

What skinflints you walkers are. You want everything for nothing.

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 17:34:29 +0000, Allan
wrote:

Just been up to Whinlatter (had a soggy, misty introduction to the NW
Fells bagging Grizedale Pike and Hopegill Head). I was going to park at
Hobcarton but the parking and access routes seem to be closed due to
forestry work (this may also affect the cyclists C2C). I went into
Whinlatter parking and found that the parking charges are 8 for all
day. The nice chap at the information centre at Whinlatter suggested I
try Revelin parking which is about 100 yards down the road from
Whinlatter vistor centre and is currently free because the meter is out
of order (don't know how long that 'perk' will last!)

Revelin parking (currently meter out of order):
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=320...4255&A=Y&Z=115

Hobcarton parking (temporarily closed for forestry work)
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=319...4535&A=Y&Z=115

Bus Service Over Holme Moss ?? Gordon H[_3_] Walking in the UK 3 August 14th 09 02:30 PM
Sandbeds Moss Roger Walking in the UK 2 June 2nd 09 08:46 AM
For National Trust Members - White Moss Car Park John Dawson Walking in the UK 10 November 18th 07 04:53 PM
basecamp Great Moss LD theo Walking in the UK 59 December 7th 04 01:58 AM
car parking Paul Thomas Walking in the UK 5 August 10th 03 12:18 AM