Opinions sought

Old April 29th 05, 01:35 PM
jas

Default Opinions sought

I want see what people think about this program I have been issued by
my personal trainer as I always seek other opinions, building some
knowledge from different sources. I am not saying this program is
wrong or not but "seems" to me it doesn't concerntrate on what I want.
I have made it clear what I want from him.

Sets required: 2
Lat pulldown- reps 10, weight 6
Chest Press- reps 10, weight 3
Seated row- reps 10, weight 3
Leg sled- reps 12, weight 9
Shoulder press- reps 10, weight 1
Fit ball situps- reps 15.
Tredmill 30min.

I am more concerned about the waistline and belly only. I will
eventually get an atheletic torso/flat stomach is what i want most.

I'm a small person and fairly slim though I requested to be reasonable
fit from the knees up to the shoulders without bulkiness specifically.
I'm definitely not overweight, just to slim down.

Any improvements on this in general or other things we ought to
consider? Swimming, jogging, ball sports
(tennis/badmington/volleyball)...

Thanks.
Old April 29th 05, 04:59 PM
Runs With Knives

In article ,
(jas) writes:
[snip]

Sets required: 2
Lat pulldown- reps 10, weight 6
Chest Press- reps 10, weight 3
Seated row- reps 10, weight 3
Leg sled- reps 12, weight 9
Shoulder press- reps 10, weight 1
Fit ball situps- reps 15.
Tredmill 30min.

Looks like a "typical" whole-body+aerobics workout, usually done
three times a week.

I am more concerned about the waistline and belly only. I will
eventually get an atheletic torso/flat stomach is what i want most.

The regimen described above should get you there. There is
strength-training to increase (hopefully) lean body mass, aerobic
exercise to work the cardio-vascular system and burn fat, and
abdominal exercises to strengthen/tighten those.

You cannot spot-reduce fat, if that's what you're thinking. You can
tone and strengthen areas with fat build-up, of course, but the fat's
going to come off in the reverse order in which it went on,
regardless of what areas you work out.

[snip]

Any improvements on this in general or other things we ought to
consider?

[snip]

Looks like a fairly comprehensive regimen. Hard to say if the
weights you note are too-little, enough or just right. (Those
numbers don't really mean anything.) Generally, for "toning," you
want 8-12 reps (some say 8-16 reps), two or three sets, controlling
the weights cleanly. If you want to burn the fat off a little more
quickly: After you're in shape, you migh ask your PT whether
high-intensity interval training is for you.

Disclaimer: I'm neither a physical trainer nor health professional.

--
Jim Seymour | "It is wrong always, everywhere and
WARNING: The "From:" address is a | for everyone to believe anything upon
Old April 30th 05, 01:35 PM
northfloridatrainer

I think it looks fine for a workout to do one day a week, but if that
is all you are doing all week long, your goal is going to be a long
time in coming.

For one, that workout doesn't address any arm specific work, core
stabilization, or moving your body through different planes of motion.
As I said, 1 workout per week could be what you listed, but you need to
add variety, and possibly intensity as well, to both your strength
training as well as your cardio.

My opinion as a personal trainer is that although your present workout
isn't a bad one, it leaves many things to be desired in order to work
your whole body in a way that is going to get the results that you
seek.

Aaron M. Potts
Fitness Destinations
Workout of the Month Club
http://www.fitnessdestinations.com/wotm.html
Fitness Journal: subscribe @ fitnessdestinations.com

Old September 15th 14, 07:52 PM
Djoh3221 Djoh3221 is offline
Banned

thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.
Old February 20th 17, 10:04 AM
1minhlakin 1minhlakin is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
[...]

Nice I am working on calculating my nutrition too. My main purpose is to gain weight but it is too hard to increase the daily calories.
We build the best app for Magento websites
magento 2 android app | magento reporting tool | mobile magento
Old June 22nd 17, 04:54 AM
miley181295 miley181295 is offline
Junior Member

hello everyone