Anyone a member of a YMCA?

Old July 14th 04, 06:36 AM
Dave King

Default Anyone a member of a YMCA?

I'm in Texas and was wondering what membership
fees to a YMCA are? Even a ballpark figure would
help give me an idea of what to expect...thanks.

DK

Old July 14th 04, 08:20 AM
Karen Lofstrom

In article , Dave King wrote:

I'm in Texas and was wondering what membership
fees to a YMCA are? Even a ballpark figure would
help give me an idea of what to expect...thanks.

Texas is probably cheaper than Hawai'i. I pay $40 a month, after a $100
fee to join.

--
Karen Lofstrom
Look! Leo's mutating into a fire truck!
Old July 14th 04, 06:53 PM
Steph

"Dave King" wrote in news:kD3Jc.29035$857.2931
@fe2.texas.rr.com:

I'm in Texas and was wondering what membership
fees to a YMCA are? Even a ballpark figure would
help give me an idea of what to expect...thanks.

DK

Have you tried the web?
A did a google on "texas YMCA membership" and got plenty of hits that
appear to be in the state of Texas. Most have published membership rates.

For example near Dallas a single adult
http://www.pcymca.org/content/story....nt&sid=1023114
which ranges $500-$700 / yr (ouch).

Or in Abilene a single adult looks to run $40/mo or $480/yr
http://www.abileneymca.org/prices.html

Old July 29th 04, 02:58 PM
Pat

"Dave King" wrote in message
I'm in Texas and was wondering what membership
fees to a YMCA are? Even a ballpark figure would
help give me an idea of what to expect...thanks.

DK

Before I decided upon 24 Hour Fitness Center, I almost joined the YMCA. The
fees were the same, plus the YMCA offers free initiation fees every so
often. The only difference I saw was that the 24 Hour Fitness pool uses
Bromine and the YMCA uses chlorine. No, that wasn't the only difference--the
local high school swim team uses the YMCA pool since the vast majority of
high schools here do not have their own pools on site. I am extremely
satisfied with the Bromine pool. As to fees, I think for one adult it was
about $40 a month. You just have to finesse the joining fee and that's not
too difficult.

Pat in North TX

Old February 8th 14, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
[email protected]

On Wednesday, July 14, 2004 12:36:16 AM UTC-5, Dave King wrote:
I'm in Texas and was wondering what membership
fees to a YMCA are? Even a ballpark figure would
help give me an idea of what to expect...thanks.

DK

YMCAs in the Lincoln, NE area are about $50/month per person.

---------

Send mass text alerts to your group with Mobile Text Alerts (https://mobile-text-alerts.com)