'Aldi walking Club'

Old October 14th 04, 11:51 AM
Dewi

Default 'Aldi walking Club'

Next Thursday a few walking related bargains to be had.....

http://uk.aldi.com/

sign up for the newsletter?

--
Dewi,

(remove spin for email)
Old October 14th 04, 10:24 PM
Jim Ford

* The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
* of violets, as Dewi descended
* on a shaft of golden sunlight, and announced:
Next Thursday a few walking related bargains to be had.....

http://uk.aldi.com/

Yessss - a 'Chrome Toaster', just what I need on the trail! And I can use
the 'Advent Calendar' to mark the days when I go walking.

Regards: Jim Ford
Old October 14th 04, 10:44 PM
Darren G

In article ,
says...
* The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
* of violets, as Dewi descended
* on a shaft of golden sunlight, and announced:
Next Thursday a few walking related bargains to be had.....

http://uk.aldi.com/

Yessss - a 'Chrome Toaster', just what I need on the trail! And I can use
the 'Advent Calendar' to mark the days when I go walking.

I'm just so glad you didn;t get onto the women's undies.

Although those two girls did spend the summer doing the major summits in
their undies. Some people have all the luck ...

--
Darren
Old October 15th 04, 06:48 AM
Dave Fawthrop

On 14 Oct 2004 21:24:19 GMT, Jim Ford
wrote:

| * The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
| * of violets, as Dewi descended
| * on a shaft of golden sunlight, and announced:
| Next Thursday a few walking related bargains to be had.....
|
| http://uk.aldi.com/
|
| Yessss - a 'Chrome Toaster', just what I need on the trail! And I can use
| the 'Advent Calendar' to mark the days when I go walking.

If it is the same as the Lidl Advent Calendar it provides a chocolate for
each day. Useful when walking in a blizzard.

--
Dave F
Old October 15th 04, 06:54 AM
Andrew

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 06:48:45 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

If it is the same as the Lidl Advent Calendar it provides a chocolate for
each day. Useful when walking in a blizzard.

Are you saying an Advent Calendar is a "must carry" item in your
rucksack? :-)
Old October 15th 04, 07:01 AM
Dave Fawthrop

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 06:54:23 +0100, Andrew [email protected] wrote:

| On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 06:48:45 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|
| If it is the same as the Lidl Advent Calendar it provides a chocolate for
| each day. Useful when walking in a blizzard.
|
| Are you saying an Advent Calendar is a "must carry" item in your
| rucksack? :-)

My rucksack is always too heavy ;-(((((

--
Dave F
Old October 15th 04, 07:07 AM
Andrew

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:01:56 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

My rucksack is always too heavy ;-(((((

I am not surprised, if you carry an Advent Calendar, god knows what
other stuff you have in there! ;-)
Old October 15th 04, 08:26 AM
Dewi

On 14 Oct 2004 21:24:19 GMT, Jim Ford
uttered:

* The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
* of violets, as Dewi descended
* on a shaft of golden sunlight, and announced:
Next Thursday a few walking related bargains to be had.....

http://uk.aldi.com/

Yessss - a 'Chrome Toaster', just what I need on the trail! And I can use
the 'Advent Calendar' to mark the days when I go walking.

Regards: Jim Ford

I was looking more at the; boot socks, men's walking shoes, hats and
gloves, 3-1 jackets...

But if your the sort not to look past the first few items...well...

--
Dewi,

(remove spin for email)
Old October 15th 04, 11:10 AM
Gordon

Dewi wrote

I was looking more at the; boot socks, men's walking shoes, hats and
gloves, 3-1 jackets...

Womens' waterproof and lined thinsulate trousers, saving my small harem
from the dreaded over-trouser. :-)

I might get a pair of the walking shoes at 9.99 for everyday use
instead of wearing my 50 'best' shoes every day.

But if your the sort not to look past the first few items...well...

It leaves the goodies for us. ;-)

Every week I look at all the tools at give-away prices which I would
have bought 20 years ago. I am now thinking about giving some to my
daughter, as she now has her own house.....

I got a jumbo power tool case for my cordless drill and accessories
yesterday, to get rid of the cardboard box, and also got a string of six
penc Halloween sweet packets for the horrors who come around on Oct 31.

BTW, before looking in ALDI and LiDL for tools, it's also a good idea to
visit your local 'pound' shop. I could have saved myself a fortune if
I'd discovered them sooner.....
--
Gordon
Old October 15th 04, 09:10 PM
Fran

[email protected] said...
wrote:

If it is the same as the Lidl Advent Calendar it provides a chocolate for
each day. Useful when walking in a blizzard.

Are you saying an Advent Calendar is a "must carry" item in your
rucksack? :-)

Don't be silly, of course not! They're much too bulky for that.
Take the contents out; cut out the little piccies; look at one
piccy per day; eat choccy...
--
I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
as a dire warning.