Anyone with a Timex Ironman Lap Timer Watch

Old December 4th 04, 05:46 AM
xenman

Default Anyone with a Timex Ironman Lap Timer Watch

I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?
Old December 4th 04, 06:27 AM
Matthew Venhaus

"xenman" wrote in message
news
I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

There are several different Ironman 100 so the instructions may vary. On
mine you would press and hold the set/recall button until the set screen
appears. Using the next button scroll to the screen that reads Button Beep.
Use the start/lap button to set to On. Press the set/recall button to return
to the time display. HTH.

Old December 5th 04, 08:42 PM
xenman

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:27:32 -0700, "Matthew Venhaus" wrote:

"xenman" wrote in message
news
I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

There are several different Ironman 100 so the instructions may vary. On
mine you would press and hold the set/recall button until the set screen
appears. Using the next button scroll to the screen that reads Button Beep.
Use the start/lap button to set to On. Press the set/recall button to return
to the time display. HTH.

Thanks for the reply. It appears that my watch is different than yours. Set
and Recall are different buttons. Holding either button down for 5 seconds
or more in Chrono, Alarm, or Time modes do not perform the function you
described. My watch is 2.5 years old, perhaps yours is newer.

Thanks anyway.
Old December 5th 04, 11:28 PM
Phil M.

Leafing through rec.running, I read xenman's message of 05 Dec 2004:

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:27:32 -0700, "Matthew Venhaus"
wrote:

"xenman" wrote in message
news
[...]

On the Timex Ironman watches that I've had, holding down all the buttons
at the same time for 5 seconds will reset the watch to factory defaults.
The time will change to 12 midnight and the year will go back to 1/01.
It's a little tricky if there are several buttons.

Phil M.

--
"What counts in battle is what you do once the pain sets in." -John
Short, South African coach.
Old December 6th 04, 02:48 AM
Rob

"xenman" wrote in message
news
I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

I had a Timex Datalink where the beep actually just died.
I could test this by interfacing it with my PC and using
the software functions to TEST various beep tones
on the watch.

Old December 6th 04, 12:25 PM
Herman Munster

Did you change your battery lately?
When I changed mine I accidently put the back cover on
the backwards. No beeps. Put the cover back on
correctly, beeps.
Hope this helps.

Old December 6th 04, 04:53 PM
xenman

On 06 Dec 2004 07:25:51 EST, "Herman Munster" wrote:

Did you change your battery lately?
When I changed mine I accidently put the back cover on
the backwards. No beeps. Put the cover back on
correctly, beeps.
Hope this helps.

Yes, I replaced the battery a while ago. The back cover
appears to be on correctly. Thanks anyway.
Old December 6th 04, 04:59 PM
xenman

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:28:42 GMT, "Phil M." wrote:

Leafing through rec.running, I read xenman's message of 05 Dec 2004:

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:27:32 -0700, "Matthew Venhaus"
wrote:

"xenman" wrote in message
news I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
[...]

Oohhh. That did reset it. The word PASS was displayed for a couple of
seconds. But still no beep. Thanks anyway.

Old December 6th 04, 05:00 PM
Tim Downie

xenman wrote:
Oohhh. That did reset it. The word PASS was displayed for a couple
of seconds. But still no beep. Thanks anyway.

Have you looked at http://www.timex.com/html/watch_instructions.html?

Tim

Old December 7th 04, 02:25 AM
MH

"Rob" wrote in message news:[email protected]..

"xenman" wrote in message
news
I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

I had a Timex Datalink where the beep actually just died.
I could test this by interfacing it with my PC and using
the software functions to TEST various beep tones
on the watch.

I have a Timax Ironman and I will NEVER buy this watch again! What drives me
insane is that if the light button is accidentally bumped twice, the watch
reverts to 12am, and the date January 1st. Argh!! I can't tell you how many
times this happens. The buttons are easy to bump, as they are all on the
sides and get caught in my jackets. It is most inconvient.

The next timer watch I will buy will have the setting buttons placed some
where they don't catch.

Martha