I had my pool refinished last year and I am getting red algae inmy pool

Old September 23rd 05, 03:11 PM
Beach Runner

Default I had my pool refinished last year and I am getting red algae inmy pool

I had never seen it before. Any thoughts?
Old September 23rd 05, 10:20 PM
Chris Zakelj

Beach Runner wrote:
I had never seen it before. Any thoughts?

Bad luck? Different chlorine type/level? Neighbor with a dirty kid?
Paying attention to it later in the year than before? Solar flares?
Honestly, too many different variable to even consider a reasonable
response other than "improper biocide application."
Old September 24th 05, 06:49 AM
LJ Boyd

Red algae is VERY rare. Are you sure it is not a dissolved metal such as
Iron? Find a reputable pool tester and get the water thoroughly tested.

LJ Boyd
Total Swim N Spa

Aqua Products Turbo Tempo Pool Cleaner $750.00!!! NEW [email protected] Swimming 0 May 3rd 05 05:44 PM
Energy levels 1 year ago vs. energy levels now Kimball, John Aerobic 0 April 8th 04 10:24 AM
Help! 800cal/day = good diet or ED? "Eat less, do more" not working? VLCD trap? vlcd_hell Weights 126 February 7th 04 12:21 AM
DC Training (long) T-REx Weights 24 November 15th 03 02:19 AM
Vicodin Abusing No-Integrity Hypocrite ATP Weights 103 October 9th 03 05:51 PM