Please recommend the Best Automatic Pool cleaner for my pool - I provided details of my pool

Old January 27th 06, 07:26 PM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.swimming

Default Please recommend the Best Automatic Pool cleaner for my pool - I provided details of my pool

This is my setup

Pool size: 16 x 32
Type: Concrete and Fiberglass (top part of pool is fiberglass).
Age: Aprox 25 years.
Return lines: 2 Jets (recently upgraded from one jet to two).
Bottom Drain: Just installed.
Equipment: New Sand filter
Pump: new 1.5HP pump

Obstacles in pool:

- Pool has metal stairs that attach to a wall in the pool.
- Deep end has a ledge half way up.

I recently added a Solar Panel and I cover the pool with a solar
blanket at all times when I am not using it.

At the end of the summer there are a lot of leaves and in general there

is a lot of dirt that gets in to the pool because of my surroundings.

I'm looking for the best Automatic cleaner to suit those specific
needs.

Someone mentioned the Maytronics Orion, and I'm still looking for more
feedback and advice for the best cleaning solution.

I guess the best solution would have to be able to work properly with
the solar blanket on, this would be preferable.

Old January 27th 06, 07:40 PM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.swimming

I saw a Maytronics "Dolphin 2001" automatic pool vacuum at someone's house
once. It only used an electric cord and no suction hose. The woman said she
bought it at a place called Water Specialties, and that it worked great.

ups.com...

Old January 28th 06, 12:49 AM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.swimming

We have a Hayward navigator and have been really pleased with it.
Don't mind sweeping the swimout and sun shelf....navigator really does
keep the pool clean. Watch for specials and buy one when they are on
sale.

Old January 28th 06, 03:12 AM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.swimming

Hayward, Navigator is simple to setup and works great. Cleans better than I
did cleaning with a regular pool vacuum. Only downside is that small rocks
will get caught in the drive mechanisms.