hm.. joint pain?

Old November 22nd 03, 12:22 AM
Brian Link

Default hm.. joint pain?

This is odd. I'm on the 5th week of my first 6 week HST cycle. I've
also been eating a bit more than I had been (trying to beat 2500 cals
with good food is tough) and have been taking creatine for about 3
weeks. I also haven't been getting enough sleep for about the last
week or so (I need to hire another programmer.. =P)

Lately I'm noticing some soreness at my knees, wrists, shoulders and
neck. It's not a sharp pain but rather a dull ache, and not
omnipresent, just occasional.

I haven't been lifting more than usual, though the HST structure of my
workouts is a bit different. Could this be overtraining? Could it be a
side-effect of the creatine?

Brian Link in St. Paul, Minnesota
Old November 22nd 03, 02:07 AM
Wayne S. Hill

Brian Link wrote:

This is odd. I'm on the 5th week of my first 6 week HST
cycle. I've also been eating a bit more than I had been
(trying to beat 2500 cals with good food is tough) and have
been taking creatine for about 3 weeks. I also haven't been
getting enough sleep for about the last week or so (I need
to hire another programmer.. =P)

Lately I'm noticing some soreness at my knees, wrists,
shoulders and neck. It's not a sharp pain but rather a dull
ache, and not omnipresent, just occasional.

I haven't been lifting more than usual, though the HST
structure of my workouts is a bit different. Could this be
overtraining? Could it be a side-effect of the creatine?

I doubt it's the creatine, and it could be overtraining (except
that it's hitting a lot of places at once), but what occurred to
me: watch out, because you might be coming down with something.

Take a couple of days off and see if you feel better.

--
-Wayne