(how much exercise is advisable to do a week to lose weight)

Old July 3rd 07, 02:41 PM posted to misc.fitness.misc
joeu2004

Default (how much exercise is advisable to do a week to lose weight)

On Jul 2, 1:34 pm, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
wrote:
Damn, I only got involved in this thread because MuscleMan spammed his blog.
Just thought I'd have a little fun with him (and to see if he could explain
any exercise related topic other than just copy-pasting some article onto
his blog).

I disagree with your use of the term "spam" in this case. IMHO,
"spam" is a posting that has no other purpose than to advertise (or
troll). In this case, "MuscleMan" responded to an inquiry with an
opinion that addressed the OP. It does not surprise me that many
responders are trainers and wannabees who have web sites of their
own. It is not unreasonable for them to refer people to their web
site, IMHO.

If you wanted to challenge MM's understanding or debunk his theory,
you could have done so with reasonable rebuttal. Your thoughtless
taunts and exaggerations merely make __you__ sound like someone who
does not know what you're talking about, IMHO.

Old July 3rd 07, 08:22 PM posted to misc.fitness.misc
joeu2004

On Jul 2, 11:51 pm, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
wrote:
OK, you're not familiar with MM's postings.

You are right. And I do not label a person's posting based on his
character or his history of other postings alone. In other words, I
evaluate the content of the posting, not the character of the person.

A quick review: on June 26-28 he started the same "spam" thread
(with link to his blog) 6 times to 6 different newsgroups.

__Those__ postings could merit the label "spam". I don't know since,
as you say, I'm not familiar with them. But I will say that merely
including a link to a web page and even encouraging the reader to
visit that web page does not necessarily make something "spam", IMHO.
It depends on the context. (See below.)

(Many people who have web sites include a link to their web site as
part of the signature. It is merely SOP. I see no harm in that per
se.)

That concludes his postings, so would you consider his pattern to be that of
a spammer or not?

No, at least not based on what you have said so far. I urge you to do
a google search on "define: spam" (without quotes). You will see that
the key elements of "spam" a indiscriminate, unsolicited,
irrelevant, inappropriate, and/or a mass mailing.

Some good examples: 98% of the initial threads in misc.taxes posted
by tax evaders; and the specious "thanks" postings in misc.fitness
newsgroups recently, which have nothing more than the word
"thanks" (often in __response__ to an inquiry -- klunk!) and the link
to a web site.

If you interpret MM's typical responses as merely come-ons with the
__primary__ purpose of encouraging (or worse, tricking) the reader to
visit his web page, I would agree that that would be "spam". But that
is not how I interpret his original response in __this__ thread.
"Reasonable people can disagree reasonably."

As far as how I responded to his posts, I was attempting to "troll" but as
I've never done it before my trolling skills are lacking. Maybe I shoulda
just pulled a Bob and screamed obscenities and told him to FOAD?

I guess your parents never taught you that "two wrongs don't make a
right".

This is all I will say on the subject. I am an ethics preacher, and I
am not your momma. I think your heart might be in the right place,
and usually your methods are reasonable as well. This is an
aberration. Don't bother making up excuses for it. Make you "mea
culpla", if you wish. In any case, just move on!

Old July 4th 07, 11:05 AM posted to misc.fitness.misc

On Jun 23, 1:20 am, claire wrote:
I am currently on a diet and eating healthily but am not noticing
results -is exercising 4/5times a week for half hour each day enough?

heys guys wierd thing is this is all common sense stuff as a personal
trainer i can belive that it would work but had my doubts!!!! BIG
TIME
but when i got back from overseas and sore him i couldnt believe what
he had been doing he lost 25 KG s in just 4 wks its simple

You are overweight for the most simple of reasons -- because you're
eating the wrong foods, the wrong types of calories per meal, and
you're also eating meals in the wrong patterns each day.

Think closely about what we're about to tell you, since it's going to
change the way you think about dieting...

before you go any further please check this out !! this is what he
followed!!!

http://www.fatloss4idiots.com/?hop=fitnessoz

Most simple thing to follow, its a book teaching you how to SHOP for
the right foods, eat the right foods but more importantly live the
lifestyle you want PLS check it out ASAP

it will change the way you look at food !!! and wieght loss

IM NOT THE SMARTEST PERSON GOING ROUND AT ALL ALL I NOW IS THAT THIS
WORKS

http://www.fatloss4idiots.com/?hop=fitnessoz

Talk soon

PS i wouldnt eva tell someone to look at some thing with out doing it
myself

PPS HA AND I VE LOST 15 Kgs in 3 wks!!!

AMAZING STUFF but so simple

http://www.fatloss4idiots.com/?hop=fitnessoz

Old July 20th 07, 08:45 PM posted to misc.fitness.misc
sycochkn

"claire" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am currently on a diet and eating healthily but am not noticing
results -is exercising 4/5times a week for half hour each day enough?

I would probably suggest walking with a heart rate monitor minimum 30
minutes once a day 20 minutes of it at 60% of your maximum heart rate based
on your age.

http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4736

That is probably optimum for fat loss vs muscle loss. More intense exercise
3 times a week is better for increasing muscle mass, therefore increasing
your metabolism. More than 60 minutes is probably a waste of time, for the
average person. The recovery time for the muscles after workout is 24 to 48
hours. I am at 60% heart rate for 40 minutes 48 hour recovery after 7 weeks
of walking.

Bob

Old February 22nd 12, 11:08 AM
dannyconer dannyconer is offline
Junior Member

I think 1 hour daily in a week exercise is needed for maintain fitness level and loose weight. There are some exercise like yoga and aerobics if you do this so you can reduce your body weight.
__________________
Buy Apple Laptop Batteries
Old March 24th 12, 05:45 AM
lipsyzipsy lipsyzipsy is offline
Junior Member

As far as I know, it depends how much you weigh and what kind of life style you live in. But one thing that you should always remember that you can loose your weight and it is possible.
__________________
bed with TV
Old May 11th 12, 12:21 PM
MHeath MHeath is offline
Junior Member

Location: Chicago

If you'll continue eating junk and high calories food then exercise will never help you to lose weight.For that you have to follow a proper diet plan and increase the workout time for better weight loss results.
__________________
Vernon Hills Personal Trainer
Old August 21st 12, 04:06 AM
hello sunshine hello sunshine is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire View Post
I am currently on a diet and eating healthily but am not noticing
results -is exercising 4/5times a week for half hour each day enough?
I think that is not enough. Remember, to lose weight or lose body fat, you must use more calories than you eat by controlling your food intake and/or increasing your exercise routine.
Old August 23rd 12, 11:48 AM
hashimwatson hashimwatson is offline
Junior Member

If you go back to eating unhealthily after a few weeks or months of the diet, then you'll gain your weight back eventually. It's usually quite hard for someone to change their whole diet and stick to it.
yoga clothing
Old September 13th 12, 05:26 AM
markboucher markboucher is offline
Junior Member

If you are following a diet plan, you will surely benefit from it. But if you are eating unhealthy snacks you will quickly gain weight.