Timex Ironman watch battery change --- now no sound ???

Old December 29th 15, 03:42 PM posted to rec.sport.triathlon
[email protected]

Default Timex Ironman watch battery change --- now no sound ???

On Sunday, August 23, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Andrew Forth wrote:
I just changed the battery on my Timex Ironman (which is 2 years + old)
and
now it makes no sound (no timer beep, no alarm beep, no beeps at all).
I was wondering if anyone else had had the same problem and if there is
a simple or cheap fix for this ?

Thanks
Andrew

I flipped the back 180 degrees as well and it worked. However, it was sensitive to how much I tightened the screws. If I tightened them all the way[or perhaps too much?] it wouldn't beep. When I loosened them about 1/2 a turn, it would.