Waterproof Android tablet or phone?

Old April 5th 16, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default Waterproof Android tablet or phone?

Has anyone found a waterproof Android tablet or phone with a decent gps
and reasonable battery life?
Old April 18th 16, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

On 05/04/2016 18:36, wrote:
Has anyone found a waterproof Android tablet or phone with a decent gps
and reasonable battery life?

Your call as to what constitutes "reasonable battery life", but there
are various recharge-batteries about you can take for a boost.

Some of the Sonys are properly waterproof with plugs for the, err,
plugs, but I read relatively fiddly and not cheap.

The 3rd generation Moto-G is allegedly reasonably waterproof, see
http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...n-and-cant-do/

Is the GPS decent? I've used the GPS on my 1st Gen Moto-G to locate
geochaches more easily than with an original Garmin eTrex, so good
enough for most purposes, and I imagine it's not got any worse two
versions later.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
NHS Tayside & Univ. of Dundee Ninewells Hospital & Med. School

OS map for android? Mike.. . . . Walking in the UK 9 March 24th 12 09:47 AM
Android app for Memory Map JoeJoe Walking in the UK 0 March 2nd 11 11:17 PM
Maps on android phones Nigel Cliffe[_3_] Walking in the UK 0 December 24th 10 10:18 AM
tablet ads in magazines jas Weights 0 March 10th 06 01:01 PM
whats a good energy pill or tablet thegame Weights 1 August 23rd 04 05:10 AM