problem with shoes, seeking recommendations for new pair

Old May 17th 08, 11:15 AM posted to rec.running
John Baker[_2_]

Default problem with shoes, seeking recommendations for new pair

I am a frequent walker (sometimes jogger) who has been using the Nike Air
Max 360 for some time. I liked this shoe even for speed walking because of
the great cushioning it provided to my feet as most other shoes allowed
foot/ knee pain to develop. However, not sure of the reason, but the last
two pair of 360's I've had haven't lasted even 4 months before they break
down and start "hissing" with each step. The 360's I had before that lasted
nearly 2 years under the same conditions. Not sure what Nike is doing, but
I am sorely disappointed considering the cost of this shoe, and I am seeking
another brand offering equivalent or better support. I depend on speed
walking/ jogging to maintain both fitness and appetite control, but when
these shoes go bad so frequently, it's an inconvenience and is becoming
costly. What other type of shoe brand offers the equivalent to the Air Max
360?

Thank you in advance,
John Baker