Scottish Midges (was 'Thanks')

Old July 6th 03, 10:29 PM
W. D. Grey

Default Scottish Midges (was 'Thanks')

In article , Stuart
writes
Do you have a name make model of a midge hood that works, I tried one once a
few years back and the little buggers just kept on biting, I think they just
came stright through the mesh.

I have net from Millets - made by "Lifesystems" This worked quite well
at Cwellyn last year when worn over a Tilley wide brimmed hat.

I have since bought Midge hat with attached net made by "Highlander" It
was one of those "must have" purchases while at Fort William last week.
Not tried it out yet but it looks promising.

I think I bought it in an Outdoor equipment shop in the main street
(only street :-) The shop was called something like "Points West" and
situated at the other end of the street from "Nevis Sport".

The midges were not too much of a problem in the evenings, but one
evening they did show up and were a minor irritation.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old July 6th 03, 10:32 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Paul Saunders
writes
All the GOMLs I've ever met have been quite friendly when approached
diplomatically...

"Excuse me, can you help? I'm lost!"

Reply - "I'm not! now bugger off !"...:-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk