No weight lifting exercises.

Old February 21st 05, 09:58 PM

Default No weight lifting exercises.

Hello, All.
My gym was closed for a reconditioning for two months period.
Is there any known training program fitted to working out with no
weight machines and no free weight lifting? I would like to get known
with exercises based on a body weight, like pullups, etc.
Hope that I'll find something so I won't loose my shape.
Thanks,
Lenn.

Old February 21st 05, 11:08 PM
Bob

Len--actually, this may provide you with a chance to make some
excellent gains. I have used the following routine with excellent
results--it works all of the major muscle groups:

Lats: Chins to front and back

Chest: Dips--between two chair backs, in the corner of kitchen
cabinets--keep your elbows out wide from your body to put most emphasis
on your pecs. Also, do multiple sets of high rep pushups--elevate your
feet to make it tougher.

Delts: Get a bucket and fill with water to the appropriate weight--do
lateral raises in all directions.

Biceps--use same bucket above, use stones or bricks for more weight--do
curls with this.

Triceps--close grip pushups--with thumbs touching, work well. Also,
reverse dips with your feet elevated.

Thighs--Single leg squats and sissy squats work great.

Calves: single leg calf raises on the end of steps.

Abs--regular and reverse crunches, situps, leg raises, kneeups.

Hope that helps--push your body to the limit, and include adequate
cardio--running, treadmill, bike, etc.

Old February 22nd 05, 03:33 PM
Steve Freides

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, All.
My gym was closed for a reconditioning for two months period.
Is there any known training program fitted to working out with no
weight machines and no free weight lifting? I would like to get known
with exercises based on a body weight, like pullups, etc.
Hope that I'll find something so I won't loose my shape.

Pavel has a book, "Naked Warrior," that focuses on two bodyweight
exercise, the one-legged squat and the one-armed pushup, both of which
can be adjusted to fit your current level of fitness.
http://www.kbnj.com/nw.htm for more.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old February 23rd 05, 06:13 PM
Lenn

Thank you all for your answers. I found few ideas to begin with. I
think I will have to use my imagination and invent some exercises by
myself.

Weight Lifting mct546 Weights 2 February 4th 05 11:44 PM
10 Lies About The Atkins Diet diets.marketassociate.com Weights 0 January 7th 05 08:41 PM
Stroke Length & CHO Useage AW Swimming 68 February 22nd 04 08:54 AM
Help! 800cal/day = good diet or ED? "Eat less, do more" not working? VLCD trap? vlcd_hell Weights 126 February 7th 04 12:21 AM
Muscle fasciculations and heavy weight lifting ignorcrew Weights 3 November 18th 03 08:11 PM