whats the world rec for u/11 boys 1500m

Old April 7th 04, 02:13 AM
fredcromer

Default whats the world rec for u/11 boys 1500m

I would be interested to know this, as in 1981, my brother ran 5.06 at
crystal palace..It was in effect a English title type race, as all his
'foes' were there...Strange thing though...It was run in 2 heats, and best
time won!!
1st heat 5.07.80
2nd heat 5.06.15 my bro's
do they allow american boys under 11 to run these distances, as this was a
one off...800metres is the usuall distance ran by u/11's
yours ENGLISH FRED C, any feedback much appreciated..
Also a guy calles 'ERIC KIMANI' at 12 years old ran 800m in 2.05, is that
good or what??..I think ha still holds the record to tjhis day, and that was
in 1979/80

---

Old April 7th 04, 03:31 AM
TenKMan

From the USATF nationals last year, Shain Kirtright ran a 4:50:92 in the
1500 meters as a 10 year-old bantam which was about 2-3 seconds from the
record. Results are posted he

http://www.usatf.org/events/2003/USA...ionships/resul
ts/national/fullResults.asp

It is hard to know the age of kids in some groups but the youth record
for the 800 meter is 1:56:36 by Cody Harper.