heart rate monitor/watch

Old November 21st 03, 07:57 PM

Default heart rate monitor/watch

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:54:58 GMT, wrote:

can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor/watch?

Your two fingers, placed on your wrist.
Old November 23rd 03, 04:19 PM
Steve

Hey Jim-

I use a Polar A5, not very expensive. I think I played $50 on eBay first of
last year. I love mine, the A5 is a very basic unit. I personally don't
agree with Strachyz the two finger method went out with Fred Flintstone.

Good Luck,
Steve

wrote in message
news.com...
can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor/watch? what are the
pros/cons of these gadgets? thanks in advance!

Old November 24th 03, 05:21 PM
AndyP

wrote

can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor/watch?

Your two fingers, placed on your wrist.

Can anyone do that with any accuracy when your over 120 bpm? I can't.

Old November 24th 03, 06:07 PM
[email protected]

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:21:53 -0000, "AndyP"
wrote:

Your two fingers, placed on your wrist.

Can anyone do that with any accuracy when your over 120 bpm? I can't.

Quite easily. Who ties your shoes for you? Or are you a "velcro
closure" type of person my mommy warned me about?
Old November 25th 03, 09:02 PM
Troy

"
I have a Polar Pacer, which is a basic (and no longer available unit) which
is reliable and accurate. I bought my wife an Oregon Scientific 800 HRM,
which has some extra features over the Polar, but is not quite as slim. It
works exceptionally well and was quite cheap. I like it so much, I gave my
wife the old Polar!

Troy

Old November 26th 03, 08:10 AM
Eric Stannard

"Troy" wrote in message
"
I have a Polar Pacer, which is a basic (and no longer available unit)

which
is reliable and accurate. I bought my wife an Oregon Scientific 800 HRM,
which has some extra features over the Polar, but is not quite as slim. It
works exceptionally well and was quite cheap. I like it so much, I gave my
wife the old Polar!

I was looking at the Oregon Scientific range and they seem to offer large
ramge of features for a good price, I was therefore wondering if the build
quality and reliability suffers. I like the idea of a PC docking station to
download the HR data rather than the Polar's sonic link or infrared
interface. Anyone have any experience as to the lifetime of an Oregon
Scientific watch vs a Polar model?

Old November 26th 03, 09:00 AM
Ben Blaukopf

"ZB" wrote in message
ZB wrote:
wrote:
can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor/watch? what are the
pros/cons of these gadgets? thanks in advance!

I quite liked the polar M51, but if I were to get a new one, it would
be the nike triax, cant remmeber the model number but it costs about
£100 from
www.heartratemonitor.com

sorry, www.heartratemonitor.co.uk and its the triax c8.

I bought one of those, and sent it back, as it didn't work. Apart from that
the
strap is pretty fiddly. Bought a Polar S120 instead for 90 quid from John
Lewis
(think it's available for 80ish online) and am very happy with it.

Ben

Old November 26th 03, 04:43 PM
ZB

Ben Blaukopf wrote:
"ZB" wrote in message
ZB wrote:
wrote:
can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor/watch? what are the
pros/cons of these gadgets? thanks in advance!

I quite liked the polar M51, but if I were to get a new one, it
would be the nike triax, cant remmeber the model number but it
costs about £100 from
www.heartratemonitor.com

sorry, www.heartratemonitor.co.uk and its the triax c8.

I bought one of those, and sent it back, as it didn't work. Apart
from that the
strap is pretty fiddly. Bought a Polar S120 instead for 90 quid from
John Lewis
(think it's available for 80ish online) and am very happy with it.

Was it a dodgy watch or did you just not like the style/features? I quite
liked the features in terms of telling you the time spent in each heart rate
range and having a lap-time/split feature.