Running in 90 Degrees

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 5th 04, 02:19 AM
Sam

Default Running in 90 Degrees

One needs to do this for 10 to 14 days to get fully acclimatized.

The runs also need to be around 90 minutes.

"BBB" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...
One thing that helps me is to do some of your training in the same types

of
temperatures (run at lunch if possible). That helps me acclimate to the
temperature and humidity.

BBB

"Timote" wrote in message

Any tips on running in 90+ degree weather? There is a Half-Iron in
Macon Georgia June 13, and the temps are expected to be over 90. The
swim and bike are survivable, but the run is going to be a hard
effort.

Greg

-of course, hydrate the day and days before the race.
-bring water in your transition bag for pre- swim
-use an electrolyte solution on the bike
-grab the electrolyte solution or water at every aid station ( you may

want to
- another good trick- if they have ice @ the aid stations, take a scoop

( or
two) and put it in your hat- this helps cool down your core temp