Ping Twittering--Where you runnin in Yonkers?

Old September 5th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.running
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Ping Twittering--Where you runnin in Yonkers?

Ahm runnin on 1/4 mile tracks. Hard to find locally, but inneresting to
use, diagnostically.
I've found 3.
Also great running in Riverdale Park, starting from the Riverdale Amtrack
station, above the Hudson, very low risk of getting mugged--altho you might
get shot by a very very rich kid with a very expensive BB gun.
The view may take away some of the pain of running.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs

Old September 5th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.running
Al Bundy

Twittering One wrote:
On Sep 4, 9:53 pm, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:
Ahm runnin on 1/4 mile tracks. Hard to find locally, but inneresting to
use, diagnostically.
I've found 3.
Also great running in Riverdale Park, starting from the Riverdale Amtrack
station, above the Hudson, very low risk of getting mugged--altho you might
get shot by a very very rich kid with a very expensive BB gun.
The view may take away some of the pain of running.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs

I was running the loop you tolf me about along Palisades, passing the
Riverdale station, and back along Riverdale -- a very nice run.

Good to see you are still running, unlike others that burn out and
head back to the diet group for support.

Old September 5th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.running
Charlie Pendejo

Al Bundy wrote:
Good to see you are still running, unlike others that burn out
and head back to the diet group for support.

WTF are you doing on the diet group, Al, that'd you'd run into all the
wreck.running alumni there? I'd've thought with the kind of mileage
you still put in, you don't need to say "hold the bun, please" or "do
these Dolphin shorts make my ass look fat?"

Old September 5th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.running
Al Bundy

On Sep 5, 2:17 pm, Charlie Pendejo wrote:
Al Bundy wrote:
Good to see you are still running, unlike others that burn out
and head back to the diet group for support.

WTF are you doing on the diet group, Al, that'd you'd run into all the
wreck.running alumni there? I'd've thought with the kind of mileage
you still put in, you don't need to say "hold the bun, please" or "do
these Dolphin shorts make my ass look fat?"

I don't hang out on any diet group. Weight has never been a problem.
By the way, when I'm injured enough not to run, I end up weighing far
less than my running weight.!
However, when people burst into this group and start counting seconds
and quarter miles and complaining about every itch, I like to see
where they run to when they quit posting here. It's very interesting.
If it's not the diet group, it's the shyness group or some other
support group that suggests a mental decompensation.

Old September 6th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.running
Charlie Pendejo

Al Bundy wrote:
I like to see where they run to when they quit posting here.
It's very interesting. If it's not the diet group, it's the
shyness group or some other support group that suggests a
mental decompensation.

I can well believe it. Most of us who get into running find it
scratches multiple itches, not just "how can I get from the start to
the finish fastest." wreck.running (and naturally the act of running)
has been, in part, my substitute for the shyness group. Of course by
now I've long since graduated from the shyness group and am probably
nearing readiness for the tone-down-the-aggression-already group.

Old September 6th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.running
Proctologically Violated©®

--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs

ups.com...
wrote:
[...]

============================
Indeed.
The incline up 254th seems to be a %-slope of .2 to .3, or an angle of 11 to
17 deg.
Would be inneresting to actually measure. Possibly it could be more.
Cars, tho, can't really do more than 20-25 deg, I think, and you have that
very very poshy posh school there, whose chillun and their parents cain't be
put under *too* much duress, god forbid.
========================

I am now back living on the streets of lovely Manhattan.
===================================

You mean, in an apt. in Bloomberg's lovely Manhattan, (increasingly)
reserved exclusively for the rich, or literally "on the streets" of
Bloomberg's reserved Manhattan?
Dude, I sure hope it's the former!
And, whereabouts?

If you are in Manhattan, you got Runner's Paradise in Central Park, the FDR,
and Riverside Park, not to mention the Chelsea Piers.

Van Cortlandt Park (Bx.) has pretty extensive horse trails as well, great
for running, and a whole cross country ditty that I was just told is used by
Harvard/Yale et al, in yearly track meets.
Big shindig, from what I'm told.

Man, this runnin is *killin* me.
And I do it *because* it is killin me, tryna force the adaptation. I can't
be *that* old!!
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs

The incline there at the station ... up 154th ... how steep do you
think it is?

Old September 6th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.running
Proctologically Violated©®

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Ahm runnin on 1/4 mile tracks. Hard to find locally, but inneresting to
use, diagnostically.
I've found 3.
Also great running in Riverdale Park, starting from the Riverdale
Amtrack
station, above the Hudson, very low risk of getting mugged--altho you
might
get shot by a very very rich kid with a very expensive BB gun.
The view may take away some of the pain of running.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

entropic3.14decay at optonline2.718 dot net; remove pi and e to
reply--ie,
all d'numbuhs

I was running the loop you tolf me about along Palisades, passing the
Riverdale station, and back along Riverdale -- a very nice run.

Good to see you are still running, unlike others that burn out and
head back to the diet group for support.
========================

Proly where I'll wind up.
--
------

Old September 6th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.running
Proctologically Violated©®

ups.com...
Al Bundy wrote:
Good to see you are still running, unlike others that burn out
and head back to the diet group for support.

WTF are you doing on the diet group, Al, that'd you'd run into all the
wreck.running alumni there? I'd've thought with the kind of mileage
you still put in, you don't need to say "hold the bun, please" or "do
these Dolphin shorts make my ass look fat?"

I don't hang out on any diet group. Weight has never been a problem.
By the way, when I'm injured enough not to run, I end up weighing far
less than my running weight.!

How do you account for this?
Do you think this is just you, or shared by others?
"Conventional wisdom" would suggest the opposite.
--
------

Old September 6th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.running
Proctologically Violated©®

"Twittering One" wrote in message
ps.com...
11 to 17 degrees, you say?

It is quite steep.

The streets; indeed ~ A byrd's I view of contemporary footwear.
Sandals and flipflops are big this year;
and crocs for kids.

Hope **** turns out OK
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs

PING: Sue Hossackhouse: Second Ping: Anyone seen her of late??? Just Another Residents Fan Walking in the UK 0 September 2nd 06 12:35 AM
Robert Shue, Mr. Yonkers contest Blind Frank the Dancing Machine Weights 6 June 14th 06 06:17 PM
Runnin' W/ My Dog . . . Tom C. Running 7 November 18th 03 04:30 PM
Hudson River Swim Event in Yonkers, NY August 23, 2003 jema99 Swimming 1 July 24th 03 01:08 AM