cold

Old January 14th 04, 03:01 PM
jim gravity

Default cold

chest beating

Cold again! Last night they were calling for minus 2 and a minus 24F
windchill (@7am) here in Boston. Well they were wrong. The front
must have come in faster, and the wind blew all night. This morning
was cold and still. Much better conditions then my last cold run.

I overdressed for this one. Wool socks, windbreifs, long themal
cycling tights, long loose running tights, wind/waterproof cycling
pants, l.s. wool undershirt, l.s. wool cycling jersey, lightly
insulated windproof cycling jacket, super-thin balaclava, neoprene
masque, wigwam knit cap, ski gloves and vaseline on my nose and
cheeks.

I'm not complainin' about being too cold, or too warm. I'm
complainin' about how freakin' long it took to get kitted up and down.
Old January 14th 04, 03:36 PM
Globaldisc

best thing about my run last night in single digits was my GU gel. placed it
in the palm of my hand, secured they by my glove. 5 miles into my run I
popped that gel....it was sooooo warm....I never appreciated a gel more.
Old January 16th 04, 03:31 AM
Miss Anne Thrope

It's January, and you're in Boston. Try to keep up. The feeble keep
slowing down the herd.

Old January 17th 04, 02:03 AM
Doug Freese

Ed prochak wrote:

Hey Doug, what was the coldest run for you so far, the -8? or
something colder?

-6 at my house but it's a little colder where we ran.
I found some interesting definitions of cold. Sorry about the last
one but as a Yankee fan, it's pure honesty.

Tomorrow's run is to be 15-20 degrees - a bloody heat wave. Time for
shorts, tee shirt and some sun tan lotion. 14 miles with about 2,200
feet of undulation.

======================================

""60 above zero. Floridians turn the heat on. People in
New England plant gardens.

50 above zero. Californians shiver uncontrollably.
People in New England sunbathe.

40 above zero. Italian and English cars won't start.
People in New England drive with the windows down.

32 above zero. Distilled water freezes. Moosehead
Lake's water gets thicker.

20 above zero. Floridians don coats, thermal
underwear, gloves and hats. People in New England
throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above zero. New York landlords finally turn on the
heat. People in New England have the last cookout
before it turns cold.

Zero. People in Miami die - or return to Cuba. New
Englanders close the windows.

10 below zero. Californians go to Mexico. People in
New England get out their Winter coats.

25 below zero. Hollywood disintegrates. Girl Scouts in
New England are selling cookies door to door.

40 below zero. Washington DC runs out of hot air.
People in New England let the dogs sleep inside.

100 below zero. Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
People in New England get frustrated because "the caah
won't staaht".

275 below zero. All atomic motion stops. (Absolute
zero on the Kelvin scale). People in New England start
saying, "cold 'nuff for ya?"

500 below zero. Hell freezes over.Red Sox win the
World Series. ""

--
Doug Freese
"Caveat Lector"

Old January 17th 04, 04:45 AM
The Trailrunner

Doug Freese wrote:

50 above zero. Californians shiver uncontrollably.

Ain't it the truth. It hasn't gotten out of the 50s here for the past
few weeks and I'm ready to move to the Caribbean!

--
- The Trailrunner

Anti-Spam Alert: If you wish to reply, cut the *BS*

Trails of The Diablo Valley
*Running - Hiking - Nature*