legs vs. lungs, running vs. cycling

Old August 8th 03, 08:56 PM
Matt Daly

Default legs vs. lungs, running vs. cycling

I have found that the limiting factor in my running is my lung power:
I run out of breath before my legs give out. In cycling, it's the
reverse: I can often easily breathe through my nose only while my legs
scream with pain. At around 160 BPM, I am breathing hard while
running but not at all when cycling. Why the discrepancy? Does this
indicate a relative weakness in one of the two disciplines? Any VO2
or LT implications? I'm about a 40 min 10K runner and can do about a
65 min 40K bike TT, if that makes any difference.

Appreciate any input on this...
Old February 1st 13, 12:57 PM
vibrater vibrater is offline
Junior Member