AD: NEW T1 WETSUIT WITH ZIPPER

Old November 18th 03, 11:14 PM
Emilio De Soto of De Soto Sport

Default AD: NEW T1 WETSUIT WITH ZIPPER

READ ALL ABOUT IT and SEE IT AT www.desotosport.com

or read below:

Why a Zipper?

We originally created the T1 as a zipperless wetsuit because we felt the
zipper inhibited the stretch in the torso of a one-piece wetsuit. It was not
until after we swam in the two-piece T1 Wetsuit that we realized the issue was
not the zipper, but rather the one-piece design. Even if you could make a
zipperless one-piece wetsuit you would still have the pulling of rubber from
the crotch to the shoulders. The tremendous shoulder freedom of the T1 is
because the top and bottom are not attached. The new T1 zipperless design still
respects the concept behind our original two-piece design, yet offers an option
for those customers that have been concerned with entry and exit of our
wetsuit. The Original T1 Wetsuit is still superior in overall performance and
remains our top-of-the-line for 2004.

While most people have no trouble removing the T1 Pullover, and the TRES
Pullover and TRES Vest, not everyone has succeeded in doing so with the
confidence that they would like to have before making a wetsuit purchase. So
instead they have opted for a slower swimming wetsuit in exchange for the peace
of mind of knowing that they can get out of it.

We have now eliminated this issue by offering the these Models with a zipper.
The zipper is strategically placed on the lower back of the pullover where it
offers some distinct advantages over anywhere else:
1. The zipper zips up the back to just between the shoulder blades. This
allows us to keep the comfortable low neck design that has been such a big
selling feature of our wetsuit, and that allows you to look up and site your
direction in open water swims. Also, because the zipper goes up the back
instead of down, there is no fear of someone tugging on your zipper cord and
unzipping your wetsuit during a race (remember, nothing in the rule books
prohibits this).
2. The zipper does not inhibit the shoulder and torso flexibiliy. Since
the top (the pullover) is not attached to the bottoms (the Bibjohn) the zipper
placement does not limit in any way the shoulder freedom and torso flexibility
that has been one of the main reasons that the T1 swims faster than other
wetsuits. You still have the same natural stroke effciency.
3. We are able to use a smaller (and lighter) zipper, so the wetsuit is
still very lightweight and very buoyant. In fact the Zipper weighs only 4
ounces.
4. No water leakage. Between the zipper and your skin is a 2mm "tongue"
that is attached to the Pullover. That combined with the bibjohn suspender that
runs up your back, there is no additional water leakage and your spine stays
nice and warm.
5. Which should you buy? If you have weak shoulders, limited range of
motion, or you are just more concerned with ease of putting on and removing the
suit, then a zipper pullover or vest is right for you.

Emilio De Soto II
858 453 6672
www.desotosport.com "Quality Triathlon Gear Since 1990"
www.t1wetsuits.com "Triathlon's most innovative wetsuit"