Self-delusion as a coping tool

Old September 16th 04, 04:46 AM
Jim

I have no idea about the religious stuff. I just know the ladies Ive been
with would rather have an circumsiced penis. Especially blowjobs.

Jim

Old September 16th 04, 05:01 AM
John M. Williams

"Peter Webb" wrote:

If you really mean it to be an indictment of my decision to circumsize
my (Jewish) sons, then don't you think you could pick a more
illuminating quote? How's this: "After deliberating the benefits and
risks, I chose to have my sons circumsized in a bris - an ancient
ceremony commonly done to nearly every male member of my cultural group."

You genitally mutilated your own children?

I accept that this act does not define you as a person, and I also accept
that you thought about this before you did it, and I don't want to make you
feel worse about something you appear to have mixed feelings about, but
ritual mutilation of children is extremely barbaric. Its a wonder that its
still legal in the civilised world.

We're glad to hear that you and DRS still have the same foreskin
fascination. Perhaps you should understand that many of the rest of
us don't share it.
Old September 16th 04, 05:34 AM
John Hanson

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:29:40 +1000, "Peter Webb"
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

If you really mean it to be an indictment of my decision to circumsize
my (Jewish) sons, then don't you think you could pick a more
illuminating quote? How's this: "After deliberating the benefits and
risks, I chose to have my sons circumsized in a bris - an ancient
ceremony commonly done to nearly every male member of my cultural group."

You genitally mutilated your own children?

I accept that this act does not define you as a person, and I also accept
that you thought about this before you did it, and I don't want to make you
feel worse about something you appear to have mixed feelings about, but
ritual mutilation of children is extremely barbaric. Its a wonder that its
still legal in the civilised world.

Circumcised dudes get laid more than non circumcised dudes. WTF is
the problem?

Old September 16th 04, 05:59 AM
Peter Webb

"John Hanson" wrote in message
[...]

Well, I would find that hard to believe. I have never been in the situation
of having dropped my pants and been ready to do the deed and had some chick
say "Ohhh ... your not not circumsised ... not interested". I can state with
some confidence that I would not have been laid any more often if I had not
been circumsized.

And yes, I know that some women tell some circumsized men that they prefer
circumsized men. They also say the opposite to uncircumsized men. If you
really believe that they prefer circumsized men you probably also believe
that they think you have the biggest/fattest/most perfectly sized penis they
have ever seen, and that its perfectly OK to cuddle when brewer's droop
hits. In short, women will generally tell you exactly what you want to hear
about your penis; when was the last time you told some chick that you didn't
like her vagina?

In answer to your question, men who have been circumsised after they have
become sexually active report a drop in sexual pleasure. This is not
surprising; the foreskin has the third highest concentration of nerve
endings of anywhere in the human body (after the tip of the tongue and the
fingertips); the sole function of these nerve endings appears to be for
hightened sexual pleasure.

Removing foreskins is the male equivalent of clitoredectomy in females, and
seems to have the same medical effect - reducing the pleasure associated
with sex. How do you feel about ritual clitorodectomy in Muslim societies -
is that OK? - if not, what is the difference?

If the child wants to have his foreskin removed, let him decide he can
mutilate his own body when he turns 18. Not surprisingly, not many people
want to. If they want to, this should be subect to the same counselling as
occurs with other people requesting medical mutilation. Once you chop it
off, it aint going to grow back. Forcing this irreversible mutilation on a
child when he is no position to make an informed decision is like
clitoredectomy (as I described above) or the ritual mutilation which occurs
in poor Indian families to allow them to become better beggars. I cannot see
why the law allows parents to chop off babies foreskins when it (for
example) doesn't allow parents to ritually chop of their fingers or make
them deaf.

Old September 16th 04, 06:07 AM
Jim

"Peter Webb" wrote in message
u...

[...]

When my boy was born..I was there for the birth..the doctor asked me..."do
you want him circumsized(sp)...I said ...with a resounding...YES.

Jim

Old September 16th 04, 06:39 AM
Preacher

Jim wrote:

I have no idea about the religious stuff. I just know the ladies Ive been
with would rather have an circumsiced penis. Especially blowjobs.

You shouldn't say stuff like that. You're liable to start a stampede...
Old September 16th 04, 06:58 AM
aj

On 2004-09-16, Jim wrote:

"Peter Webb" wrote in message
u...

[...]

Let it not be said that I is a brutha who does not care.
In fact, me 'art is me second biggest organ. Aiiiii...

....A lot of this is uncut. Just like me beast used to be before me had
its tommyhat removed as valentines present for me julie.

--
-aj
I'll mess with Texas.
Old September 16th 04, 12:52 PM
Anna Martelli Ravenscroft

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:29:55 -0400, Dally wrote:

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

Wouldn't worry too much about forcing yourself to run continuously, you will
get a chance to do that on race day. Just get in some miles.

[snip]
Thank you for your excellent analysis and advice. I really appreciate
it. I think I'll leave the dreadmill alone and continue with my trail
running.

Part of my problem came from spending over a year doing ALL my cardio as
HIIT. Shot my endurance all to hell. It's harder to get fit quickly
now (at 40) than it ever used to be! My daughter just started running
last week with her cross country team. She started at my pace and,
well, exponential growth appears to be going on. Ah, youth!

Speaking of being an old fogey, my knees don't seem to ache nearly as
much when I run on grass or dirt or pine needles, but I always feel it
in the knees after running on the road for a few miles. I'm taking
G/C/MSM twice a day now and I think that helps, but I really do prefer
trail running in terms of the way my body feels. I don't know if it's
pyschological or not - could be - because I really do enjoy running on
the trails that start three minutes up from my house. As you point out,
enjoyment is worth something.

Hey Dally - good luck on the race! I think it's awesome that you're out
there trying this. I know exactly what you mean about the "running in
slow-motion" that you mentioned in a previous post.

Keep up the good work. and don't worry about where you come in - just
worry about finishing and you'll have done awesome!

Anna
Old September 16th 04, 02:03 PM
DRS

"John Hanson" wrote in message

[...]

Circumcised dudes get laid more than non circumcised dudes.

You don't know that. Not only is circumcised versus uncircumcised as an
aesthetic preference culturally determined and therefore contingent (for
some bizarre reason you think it's an absolute), but if the women in America
had a clue they'd insist on uncircumcised when having intercourse because
it's better for them. When an uncircumcised man has intercourse most of the
motion of the glans is within the foreskin and therefore needs no additional
lubrication from the female. The same obviously is not true of the
circumcised man. Many women who have been led to believe they have a
problem because they don't produce enough vaginal lubrication are in fact
perfectly normal and the problem is with their circumcised partner.

WTF is the problem?

The problem is that harming your children's genitals is wrong.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."

Old September 16th 04, 02:07 PM
DRS

"Dally" wrote in message

DRS wrote:
"Dally" wrote in message

I don't really think those two acts define me either as a person or
as a parent. But at least that quote reflects my complex position
on this controversial topic concisely.

"Complex position" like ****. You simply didn't care enough about
your sons to stand by your initial, correct position. Instead you
chose to harm them on the basis of a belief you admit you plucked
out of thin air
(http://groups.google.com.au/groups?s...0uni-berlin.de).
That is utterly contemptible.

Did you click on that link? That's an example of me being utterly
contemptable in my foolish self-delusion?

It proves you make **** up out of thin air. That you subsequently had your
sons mutilated because you lacked the integrity to protect them as you knew
you should have is a given.

Okay, guilty. I just suspect that my quote doesn't mean what you
think it means. But carry on.

The problem for you is it doesn't just mean what you think it means.