Leg excercise for bad ankle?

Old February 14th 06, 09:31 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Default Leg excercise for bad ankle?

Is there something I can do for the legs other than squats? I have a
bad ankle and squats-smith rack or free-really kill it. Thanks.

Old February 14th 06, 11:51 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there something I can do for the legs other than squats? I have a
bad ankle and squats-smith rack or free-really kill it. Thanks.

Plenty of things - walking on slightly irregular surfaces, e.g., grass,
is supposed to help ankle rehab. If you can do it, simply standing on
one leg at a time might be good for you. The idea here is to heal the
bad ankle so you can get back to more normal training unless you've
completely written that off.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old February 14th 06, 11:57 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Steve Freides wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there something I can do for the legs other than squats? I have a
bad ankle and squats-smith rack or free-really kill it. Thanks.

Plenty of things - walking on slightly irregular surfaces, e.g., grass,
is supposed to help ankle rehab. If you can do it, simply standing on
one leg at a time might be good for you. The idea here is to heal the
bad ankle so you can get back to more normal training unless you've
completely written that off.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Its a long story but the rehab is over. Its as good as its going to
get. I can do squats with no /very low-40 pounds- with a small amount
of pain. Other than that it really hurts.

Old February 15th 06, 07:16 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

wrote:
Is there something I can do for the legs other than squats? I

have a
bad ankle and squats-smith rack or free-really kill it.

Thanks.

Leg extensions, leg curls, leg adduction, leg abduction,
hyperextensions, glute-ham raises

locker

ankle sprain Parker Race Running 20 January 28th 05 10:43 PM
Heel Pain Herman Munster Running 1 October 7th 04 02:47 AM
Injuries Geoff Berrow Walking in the UK 34 October 6th 04 12:15 AM
Peroneus Brevis Injury Doc Running 2 June 10th 04 11:30 PM
shin splints and bad calves? wossoyi Running 4 May 31st 04 08:11 PM