OS Explorer map 200 - 300

Old March 4th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default OS Explorer map 200 - 300

If anybody is interested on ALT.BINARIES.WAREZ.UK explorer maps 200 - 300 have been posted and will work with memory map covering most of midlands and peak

Old March 5th 06, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

wrote in message
If anybody is interested on ALT.BINARIES.WAREZ.UK explorer maps 200 -
300 have been posted and will work with memory map covering most of
midlands and peak

There'll surely be plenty here who disagree with this?

Why is that you can pick up hundreds of quids worth of maps, download the
top 20 albums, top DVD's etc etc on USENET, and when you hear about illegal
activity on the internet Usenet is NEVER ever mentioned? It can't surely be
legal?

Of all the people I know on the internet I've only met one who has HEARD of
Usenet.

Old March 5th 06, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

In article , K2
writes
Why is that you can pick up hundreds of quids worth of maps, download the
top 20 albums, top DVD's etc etc on USENET, and when you hear about illegal
activity on the internet Usenet is NEVER ever mentioned? It can't surely be
legal?

It isn't legal but it also isn't as straightforward to use as the peer
to peer filesharing systems so it isn't a popular.

P2P software works by the users serving information they have already
downloaded (or ripped from a CD etc.) as well as allowing them to
download from others serving. Therefore it is easier to prosecute
because the users are making the illegal material available to others
rather than just downloading. Tracing users serving via P2P is a lot
easier than tracing the poster of a Usenet binary.

--

Dominic Sexton
Old March 5th 06, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:22:43 +0000, Dominic Sexton
wrote:

|It isn't legal but it also isn't as straightforward to use as the peer
|to peer filesharing systems so it isn't a popular.
|
|P2P software works by the users serving information they have already
|downloaded (or ripped from a CD etc.) as well as allowing them to
|download from others serving. Therefore it is easier to prosecute
|because the users are making the illegal material available to others
|rather than just downloading. Tracing users serving via P2P is a lot
|easier than tracing the poster of a Usenet binary.

P2P is not all bad, the system itself is legal
Project Gutenberg, who are paranoid about Copyright, use P2P for
distributing Out of Copyright ebooks.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
18,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.org
Old March 5th 06, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

In article , Dave Fawthrop
writes

P2P is not all bad,

Indeed.

the system itself is legal

Indeed, I have used BitTorrent for downloading and serving legally
distributable DVD images. Like anything that makes copies it is not the
act of copying that is the problem it is the thing being copied.

--

Dominic Sexton