Am I Out of Balance?

Old December 11th 03, 07:04 AM
Bruce

Default Am I Out of Balance?

I'll post my numbers from tonite's last heavy sets. I'm interested if I'm
what you would consider fairly proportionally strong or weak in some area.
I know my lats are weak, I think my squats should be closer to 315 also.

Deep Squat
225 x 6

Dead Lift
245 x 8

Shrug Olympic Bar
315 x 9

Flat Bench
225 x 4

Lat Pull ( I can do 3-4 pullups, I'm fat)
170 x 8

Dips (body weight 225 lbs)
18 reps

Incidentally, I didn't do it tonite but on the 45 degree leg press sled, I
do 6 plates on each side x 5-6. I'm much stronger on that then squats.

Old December 11th 03, 02:39 PM
Steve Freides

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
I'll post my numbers from tonite's last heavy sets. I'm interested if I'm
what you would consider fairly proportionally strong or weak in some area.
I know my lats are weak, I think my squats should be closer to 315 also.

Deep Squat
225 x 6

Dead Lift
245 x 8

Shrug Olympic Bar
315 x 9

Flat Bench
225 x 4

Lat Pull ( I can do 3-4 pullups, I'm fat)
170 x 8

Dips (body weight 225 lbs)
18 reps

Incidentally, I didn't do it tonite but on the 45 degree leg press sled, I
do 6 plates on each side x 5-6. I'm much stronger on that then squats.

I'd say you should work on your deadlift and squat with a goal of at least
1.5 x bodyweight for a 1RM on both, hopefully even more than that.
Generally speaking you ought to be able to deadlift and squat a good bit
more than you can bench press unless there's something about the way you're
built that dictates otherwise. Using myself as an example, at a bodyweight
of 150, my deadlift 1RM is 325. I'm new to squatting and benching but I've
already squatted 225 while the most I've benched so far is 165.

If you have one-rep max numbers instead of 4-8 reps, that will make it much
easier to compare things. You can estimate them using online 1rm
calculators if you like.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 11th 03, 03:31 PM
Bruce

In misc.fitness.weights
"Steve Freides" wrote:

I'd say you should work on your deadlift and squat with a goal of at least
1.5 x bodyweight for a 1RM on both, hopefully even more than that.
Generally speaking you ought to be able to deadlift and squat a good bit
more than you can bench press unless there's something about the way you're
built that dictates otherwise.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking too. I have large legs so there
is no reason why I shouldn't be able to squat and dead a lot more.

Can someone recommend a workout that *won't* put on weight? Krusty Weights 28 November 16th 03 05:39 PM
Dumping the bar hardworkin Weights 109 September 8th 03 04:27 AM
Restoring muscular balance Darryl Licke Weights 130 August 19th 03 08:29 PM
How can I become better in speed skating ? Lyle McDonald Weights 214 August 11th 03 08:22 PM