HST simplified...please

Old October 20th 06, 06:31 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
geek_girl

Default HST simplified...please

mulbish wrote:
geek_girl wrote:
mulbish wrote:
and how do you use the calculator?

It seems that HST is too complicated for you. How about you just follow
a couple of the basic principles and forget all about the 15,10,5
stuff? Do mainly compound exercises, full body workout 3 times per
week, 5-10 reps, and take a week off every couple of months. As long
as you eat enough, that should work just fine (assuming your goal is
increased muscle mass.)

well, that's very kind of you to say so. 'acth! u could just point me
in the right direction or hint to where I have missed the point. I am
working off a couple of pages posted on a web site so far...but thanks.

for all others i found this site as well :
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/paul4.htm

it's claim of "HST for Dummies" is obviously what i need.

Seriously, you don't have to do HST. If you can't figure it out from
the materials that you've already seen, then don't even bother. It's
not worth the effort. Just follow the basic principles - the ones I
already mentioned, plus the one I forgot to mention - add more weight
to the bar over time. You don't even have to increase the weight at
every workout, or even every week, just whenever you feel like you can.
It'll work just fine. It's worked for many, many people for many, many
years.

Old October 20th 06, 06:37 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
geek_girl

JMW wrote:
"geek_girl" wrote:

mulbish wrote:
and how do you use the calculator?

It seems that HST is too complicated for you. How about you just follow
a couple of the basic principles and forget all about the 15,10,5
stuff? Do mainly compound exercises, full body workout 3 times per
week, 5-10 reps, and take a week off every couple of months. As long
as you eat enough, that should work just fine (assuming your goal is
increased muscle mass.)

You're confusing the lad, Sarah Jane. Everybody knows that the spell
doesn't work without the complex magic rituals.

Bah. Consistency is the magic ingredient. Well, consistency and eye of
newt.

Old October 20th 06, 11:50 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
lucky\(one\)

my question to you is what am I missing. you say it's too comfusing for me.
but I think i understand it and stated it pretty well in the e-mail you
replied to. If I've got it wrong or missed something please point it out
unless I am so far off it would just be too much work.

I do understand what you are saying about it working w/o all the detailed
stuff though. And that may be a better option.

"geek_girl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old October 21st 06, 12:22 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
geek_girl

lucky(one) (1) wrote:
my question to you is what am I missing. you say it's too comfusing for me.
but I think i understand it and stated it pretty well in the e-mail you
replied to. If I've got it wrong or missed something please point it out
unless I am so far off it would just be too much work.

I don't see where you stated it. I see a lot of questions, and a link
to an "HST for Dummies" website. Where you did you post that you
understand it?

I do understand what you are saying about it working w/o all the detailed
stuff though. And that may be a better option.

Yes.

"geek_girl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old October 21st 06, 01:58 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
lucky\(one\)

I don't see where you stated it. I see a lot of questions, and a link
to an "HST for Dummies" website. Where you did you post that you
understand it?

well, I think I know what the confusion may be....when I posted what I
understood, I did it from my pc @ work, and that was a web based response
via google where I am "mulbish"...sorry...see below:

Yeah, I had been to that link but found it a tough read, but I'll try
again.

hmmmm......this guy uses BIG words and technical terms that are beyond
my scope of knowledge but I think I've muddled through it.

HST:

~use mainly compound exercises
~determine 15, 10, 5 rep wgt max's
~cycle is 4 x 2 week blocks
~whole body workouts 3X a week (M,W,F)
~1-2 sets per exercise/?body part?
~start with 15 rep first block ending second week at max wgts increased
incrementally @ 5 lbs.
~subsequent week decrease reps by 5, increase wgt by 5-10.
~after 4th block either continue with another block of 5 rep or do
negatives for a block
~take a full week off
~start over
~skip 15 rep block on second and subsequent cycles if no injuries.

I assume you don't have to re-establish your max wgts for subsequent
cycles but rather just add 5-10 lbs from last cycle.

"geek_girl" wrote in message
ps.com...

lucky(one) (1) wrote:
my question to you is what am I missing. you say it's too comfusing for
me.
but I think i understand it and stated it pretty well in the e-mail you
replied to. If I've got it wrong or missed something please point it out
unless I am so far off it would just be too much work.

I don't see where you stated it. I see a lot of questions, and a link
to an "HST for Dummies" website. Where you did you post that you
understand it?

I do understand what you are saying about it working w/o all the detailed
stuff though. And that may be a better option.

Yes.

"geek_girl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old October 21st 06, 07:07 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
geek_girl

lucky(one) (1) wrote:
I don't see where you stated it. I see a lot of questions, and a link
to an "HST for Dummies" website. Where you did you post that you
understand it?

well, I think I know what the confusion may be....when I posted what I
understood, I did it from my pc @ work, and that was a web based response
via google where I am "mulbish"...sorry...see below:

Oh, that. I figured out that you were mulbish, so that's not where the
confusion lies. The confusion lies in the fact that you posted your
list of HST principles, but subsequently posted a couple more questions
that indicated that you *didn't* really understand it.

Old October 21st 06, 07:48 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
mulbish

ya know I usually do not engage in such drivel...but...I post a
complete list of the principles followed by a few questions and you
don't think I get it. Is your brain half full or half empty. Are you
just critical by nature. The list by itself should be evident that I
do in fact understand and I just have a few questions. I'll stop now
but do me one favor and do not reply to any of my post in the future.
THANK YOU.

Old October 21st 06, 09:11 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Lee Michaels

"mulbish" wrote in message
ps.com...
ya know I usually do not engage in such drivel...but...I post a
complete list of the principles followed by a few questions and you
don't think I get it. Is your brain half full or half empty. Are you
just critical by nature. The list by itself should be evident that I
do in fact understand and I just have a few questions. I'll stop now
but do me one favor and do not reply to any of my post in the future.
THANK YOU.

Relax there big guy.

Didn't you know that she was flirting with you?

Old October 21st 06, 09:17 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
geek_girl

mulbish wrote:
ya know I usually do not engage in such drivel...but...I post a
complete list of the principles followed by a few questions and you
don't think I get it. Is your brain half full or half empty. Are you
just critical by nature. The list by itself should be evident that I
do in fact understand and I just have a few questions. I'll stop now
but do me one favor and do not reply to any of my post in the future.
THANK YOU.

The question about how to use the calculator clearly indicated that you
didn't really understand HST. If you truly understood the principles
rather than just being able to parrot them, the calculator would make
perfect sense to you.

Sorry, you don't get to control who does or does not respond to your
posts. In any case, you appear to be upset and I don't understand why.
I gave you some advice that was intended to be helpful. If you choose
not to see it that way, for whatever bizarre reasons you may have,
that's your problem. If you're so thin-skinned that you can't handle it
when people respond to what you wrote rather than what you wish you'd
written, then mfw is not the place for you.

Old October 21st 06, 09:30 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt James

mulbish wrote:

ya know I usually do not engage in such drivel...

So you have something against drivel? What has drivel done to you?

I'll stop now but do me one favor and do not reply to
any of my post in the future.

This is Usenet and as such you don't get to choose who replies to your
posts, pal. You can, however, add/create/make/implement one of those
killfile doodads in order to filter out what or who you see has replied
to your posts. Cowardly in some ways, imo, but what some consider an
effective management tool as well.

THANK YOU.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

--