HST simplified...please

Old October 30th 06, 10:09 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.sport.rugby.union
Devs

Default HST simplified...please

In message , Bully
writes
Devs wrote:
In message
,
dechucka writes
Anyhow I looked at your reference the position is Number 8 not
eightman and as America is a member of the IRB I can't understand
why they would call it something different

Having played in the States I can confirm that they call a No 8
"eightman" pretty much universally.

From: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Universally:

"Of, relating to, extending to, or affecting the entire world or all within
the world; worldwide: "

Right under the sentence you quote there is this one:
Including, relating to, or affecting all members of the class or group
under consideration:

The class or group under consideration is "they" pertaining to the
Americans if you had trouble comprehending. But, I do like your favoured
interpretation. You can have it your way in the following sentence: It
is a universally held opinion that Bully is a numpty. Ah thank you.
Thank yew very mush.
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"
Old November 1st 06, 06:20 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Proctologically Violated©®

Default JMW simplified...mease (was HST simplified...please)

Wasn't it Frank Lloyd Wright, whose servant torched the place, and axed
everyone as they fled the house?
The moral:
Be nice to yer servants.
And the cook.
And the wife.
Absolutely Vote, for *Anyone BUT* a Democrat or a Republican
Ending Corruption in Congress is the Single Best Way
to Materially Improve Your Life
all d'numbuhs
"DZ" wrote in message
.. .
Shute wrote:
DZ wrote:
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
"Bully" wrote:
Charles wrote:
In my experience people drive cars which are strictly related to
their
net income. If they drive "****box cars" they have "****box" jobs.

I drive a 6 year old Ford Cougar; where does that put me?

I drive a 1999 Chevy S-10 pickup truck... with 110,000 on the odometer.

That rule doesn't seem to work well for the US, which unlike Britain
or some of nowadays Eastern Europe is a classless society. Marx would
be tearing hair from his voluminous beard.

One might be able to break free from their current class. But that
doesn't make it a classless society. I saw some guy complaining at a
corporate fast food place that an applicant to work there didn't dress
well enough. Apparently he thought it was an important enough job
that people should dress up to get the job. Everyone else in the US
thinks they are bottom of the barrel no matter how they dress.

I agree with the fastfood manager: the applicant must dress the way he
is expected to dress. I slightly bended the rule once, when I showed
up to an interview wearing a tie and one of the first guys who
interviewed me said that "we don't wear ties" over there. I didn't
take it off, they made me the offer.

If you really want to see the classes get a job as a servant to and
establishment where the wealthy entertain. Note that they will never
look you in the eye.

If money can't make a service man abandon his artificial resentments
and adhere to conventions of the place he works at, they should hire
someone else. It's not to say that I enjoy servant-like behavior
toward me.

Old November 1st 06, 09:09 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jason Earl

DZ writes:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
"Bully" wrote:
Charles wrote:
In my experience people drive cars which are strictly related to their
net income. If they drive "****box cars" they have "****box" jobs.

I drive a 6 year old Ford Cougar; where does that put me?

I drive a 1999 Chevy S-10 pickup truck... with 110,000 on the odometer.

That rule doesn't seem to work well for the US, which unlike Britain
or some of nowadays Eastern Europe is a classless society. Marx
would be tearing hair from his voluminous beard.

It probably doesn't work anywhere in the first world. One of the most
interesting books that I have ever read, "The Millionaire Next Door,"
studies the "high net worth" crowd fairly closely. It turns out that
when you crunch the numbers most of the affluent buy cars as if they
were buying them by the pound. They tend to buy cars that offer more
pounds per dollar. Even more interesting is the fact that they tend
to prefer used cars more than the general population.

Of course, there is a distinct difference between having a high net
income and a high net worth. Fancy cars is part of that difference.

Jason