Where will Bush rank? He's only fifth worst

Old January 23rd 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.sport.tennis,rec.sport.soccer,misc.fitness.weights,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.golf
Edward M. Kennedy

Default Where will Bush rank? He's only fifth worst

"Howard Brazee" wrote

Agreed. I am saying the USC clearly excluded congress from giving money to
any other country.

And we're saying it says nothing of the kind. And the Supreme Court
agrees with us.

Appeal to authority. The SCOTUS has reversed itself over a
hundred times.

That was a statement, not an appeal:

BS. You used it to back up your argument.

First, I said "And we're saying it says nothing of the kind.". We
can read the Constitution. I carry a copy with me every day.

Second - Whatever the Supreme Court says currently is the Law of the
Land - even when it doesn't agree with us.

Which doesn't make them right -- appeal to authority. I am
well aware they are the final legal arbiter, constitutional
Amendments and Conventions aside.

Or maybe if they ruled that Pi = 3 you'd get my point.

--Tedward
Old January 23rd 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.sport.tennis,rec.sport.soccer,misc.fitness.weights,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.golf
Howard Brazee

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:50:55 -0500, "Edward M. Kennedy"
wrote:

That was a statement, not an appeal:

BS. You used it to back up your argument.

I call your BS and raise. I know what I wrote and I know what I
meant.

First, I said "And we're saying it says nothing of the kind.". We
can read the Constitution. I carry a copy with me every day.

Second - Whatever the Supreme Court says currently is the Law of the
Land - even when it doesn't agree with us.

Which doesn't make them right -- appeal to authority. I am
well aware they are the final legal arbiter, constitutional
Amendments and Conventions aside.

Or maybe if they ruled that Pi = 3 you'd get my point.

I have my disagreements with the Supreme Court already. When I use
an argument and the Supreme Court disagrees with me and it is relevant
- I mention it disagrees with me. I've done so in the past and will
do so in the future.
Old January 23rd 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.sport.tennis,rec.sport.soccer,misc.fitness.weights,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.golf
yksmir

larry wrote:
Amazing to read that our own left-leaning liberals are at least
figuratively joining forces with radical Islam, et. al. to make
America lose in Iraq and around the world-- They would do whatever
it takes to bring down the religious right in America. Their hatred
of Bush and the Christian right is so intense they would sacrifice
their country to get him.

I'm embarrassed to say it but many of the liberals I know here in
California feel exactly as your last sentence reads. Blindly so. One
can disagree with many things in this administration just as in many
other administrations over the last 220 years. Vote the guy out...
vote his party out. But the acidic hatred, even at the cost of our
country's
values, lives, culture and liberty is a sad thing to see. I wasn't
around the first
180 years so maybe this has happened every so often... just a faze the
country goes through like a house settling. But since Monica and
the chads and Iraq, politics is just a polorized mess.

Old January 23rd 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.sport.tennis,rec.sport.soccer,misc.fitness.weights,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.golf
John B.

yksmir wrote:
larry wrote:
[...]

You all didn't feel anything like that for Bill Clinton now did you? Of
course not. Just principled opposition, right?

Old January 23rd 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.sport.tennis,rec.sport.soccer,misc.fitness.weights,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.golf
yksmir

John B. wrote:
yksmir wrote:
larry wrote:
[...]

Always called him President Clinton out of respect of office. Thought
he should be rebuked or impeached but not removed from office. I
thought the original charges of sexual harrassment should not have been
allowed to go through by the courts till he was out of office. But they
did go through at which point he proceeded to lie to the Grand Jury.
Far from my favorite but he was not a disaster like Carter. President
Bush has a way of speaking I do not like at all. There nothing truely
smirky behind it but it comes across that way. And the buck stops at
him... we rely on him to sort through the military's proposals, listen
to the cia and other intelligence sources and make the best choice
possible. If that choice later turns out to be wrong he has to pay the
piper... and his party will take a hit. That's the way it's always been.