"cardio zone" vs. "fat burn zone" in aerobic equipment

Old February 28th 08, 12:20 PM posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
miko

Default "cardio zone" vs. "fat burn zone" in aerobic equipment

i have a question...on every cardio machine there is a "fat burning"
and "cardio" range. the fat burning range has a lower heartrate than
the cardio range. i believe it's something like 90-120 for fat burning
and 140 + for cardio,,,,something like that.

my question is, is there REALLY a difference in goals twixt the two
heartrate ranges FOR BURNING FAT? if i want to "fat burn", do i get a
better result by keeping my heartrate in the fat burning zone than
cardio zone? i ask because i don't really understand why the cardio
zone isn't just as good as the "FB" zone for burning fat,,,whereas i
CAN understand why increasing my heartrate is better for cardio.
Old March 3rd 08, 03:00 AM posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
Steve Freides

"miko" wrote in message
i have a question...on every cardio machine there is a "fat burning"
and "cardio" range. the fat burning range has a lower heartrate than
the cardio range. i believe it's something like 90-120 for fat burning
and 140 + for cardio,,,,something like that.

my question is, is there REALLY a difference in goals twixt the two
heartrate ranges FOR BURNING FAT? if i want to "fat burn", do i get a
better result by keeping my heartrate in the fat burning zone than
cardio zone? i ask because i don't really understand why the cardio
zone isn't just as good as the "FB" zone for burning fat,,,whereas i
CAN understand why increasing my heartrate is better for cardio.

Google is your friend - do some reading. Bottom line - there is some
evidence to support the concept, but everyone agrees that it's a
relatively unimportant variable. The most important thing about keeping
your heart rate low is that you can exercise for longer and therefore
burn more calories if that's your goal.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com