Cotswold Outdoor opening in Skipton today (3 April)

Old April 3rd 14, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Allan[_3_]

Default Cotswold Outdoor opening in Skipton today (3 April)

Well, I suppose that'll make Ultimate Outdoors not very happy, but
there's probably been a gap since David Goldie shut.

Means there'll be something worth going into Skipton for (apparently,
according to the Torygraph, the "best place to live in the country" -
not, IMHO), unless it's 5 & 6 July (Tour) when there probably won't even
be standing room and the only way in will probably be on foot (roads
being closed for up to 8 hours for Tour).

http://community.cotswoldoutdoor.com..._store_opening

Allan (no connection with CO other than as a customer)
Old April 3rd 14, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
PeterC

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 10:55:46 +0100, Allan wrote:

Well, I suppose that'll make Ultimate Outdoors not very happy, but
there's probably been a gap since David Goldie shut.

Means there'll be something worth going into Skipton for (apparently,
according to the Torygraph, the "best place to live in the country" -
not, IMHO), unless it's 5 & 6 July (Tour) when there probably won't even
be standing room and the only way in will probably be on foot (roads
being closed for up to 8 hours for Tour).

http://community.cotswoldoutdoor.com..._store_opening

Allan (no connection with CO other than as a customer)

Well, Cotswold in MK had a GoOutdoors open about 5 min. walk away.
I still use Cotswold as most of GO's footwear stops at about size 47.
There's also the 'dodgy' ranges in GO: HiGear, North Ridge etc. - bit like
Sports Directs trashing of old brands (looked at some Kiwi trousers t'other
day - not a patch on mine from a few years ago).

I'd love to be up there for le Tour but can't make it.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old April 4th 14, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Phil Cook[_2_]

On 03/04/2014 10:55, Allan wrote:

Means there'll be something worth going into Skipton for (apparently,
according to the Torygraph, the "best place to live in the country" -
not, IMHO), unless it's 5 & 6 July (Tour) when there probably won't even
be standing room and the only way in will probably be on foot (roads
being closed for up to 8 hours for Tour).

The last time I looked Skipton had a railway station and you should be
able to drive in from the South and West. Parking may be a problem though.
--
Phil Cook