Problems with situps

Old March 15th 05, 03:04 AM
GlynneathJack GlynneathJack is offline
Junior Member

Default Problems with situps

Hi there,

I have been doing sit ups for the past 3 weeks and all I seem to be doing is having aches in my lower back when I do them. I feel that nothing is happening to the chest area which is what I am trying to work on. Instead my back aches and I stop quite quickly.

Could someone explain how to do the perfect situp?

Should I hook my feet under something? I find it impossible to do without my feet hooked under something.

Thanks for any inputs anyway!
Old March 15th 05, 08:43 AM
Julieanne

GlynneathJack wrote in
:

Hi there,

I have been doing sit ups for the past 3 weeks and all I seem to be
doing is having aches in my lower back when I do them. I feel that
nothing is happening to the chest area which is what I am trying to
work on. Instead my back aches and I stop quite quickly.

Could someone explain how to do the perfect situp?

Should I hook my feet under something? I find it impossible to do
without my feet hooked under something.

Thanks for any inputs anyway!

This post can't be for real...
Old April 19th 05, 07:20 PM
rwarburt rwarburt is offline
Junior Member

Hi, i think a good way to help with your lower back problem when doing situps is to use a medicine ball. This ball will help support your lower back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynneathJack
Hi there,

I have been doing sit ups for the past 3 weeks and all I seem to be doing is having aches in my lower back when I do them. I feel that nothing is happening to the chest area which is what I am trying to work on. Instead my back aches and I stop quite quickly.

Could someone explain how to do the perfect situp?

Should I hook my feet under something? I find it impossible to do without my feet hooked under something.

Thanks for any inputs anyway!

Common Pool Chlorine and Breathing Problems Meagan Swimming 1 November 12th 04 07:02 AM
"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food mrbog Weights 52 February 20th 04 10:06 PM
Low carb diets Weights 194 January 8th 04 11:15 PM
Atypical rotator cuff problems geowench Weights 0 July 25th 03 05:44 PM
Anyone else experience problems falling asleep? void11 Weights 13 July 22nd 03 02:16 PM