How many situps?

Old January 29th 04, 04:21 AM
Roamer7

Default How many situps?

I'm doing 3 sets of 25 weighted bench situps (with the backrest in it's
lowest position - below horizontal) as part of a full body workout every
second day. Right now I'm doing them with a 35 lb dumbell held to my chest.
Is this about right or am I doing too many reps? Should I cut the reps and
pile on some more weight? TIA.

Old January 29th 04, 06:23 AM
Steve Freides

"Roamer7" wrote in message
I'm doing 3 sets of 25 weighted bench situps (with the backrest in it's
lowest position - below horizontal) as part of a full body workout every
second day. Right now I'm doing them with a 35 lb dumbell held to my

chest.
Is this about right or am I doing too many reps? Should I cut the reps and
pile on some more weight? TIA.

It depends on what your goals are. For strength, 25 reps is far too many
and you'd to better with more weight and fewer repetitions.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com