Fantastic Weekend

Old March 1st 04, 12:14 PM
Neil Meredith

Default Fantastic Weekend

"C L Imber" wrote in message
What a weekend to have in Snowdonia...

The entire Snowdon Horseshoe was snow covered and basked in winter
sunlight, seen from Moel Siabod.

Glyder Fach was buried in snow up to six feet deep in places on
Saturday.

Yes, it was an absolute corker. Snowdon Horseshoe was in superb condition,
even if ploughing through 2-3 feet of snow was pretty exhausting at times.
Sunday on Tryfan was even better, glorious views and either nice powder snow
or dry (yes dry!) rock. Probably the best winter weekend I've had.

Old March 1st 04, 07:44 PM
therebel

"anyone take any photies?

Old March 1st 04, 08:55 PM
Mike Mason

Ploughing through two or three feet of snow is not my idea of superb winter
conditions. I'm of on Tuesday to look at the Horseshoe but the conditions
will have to be better than that you report to tempt me into doing the
ridge.

Mike Mason

Old March 3rd 04, 10:38 PM
RJ Webb

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:55:12 GMT, "Mike Mason"
wrote:

Ploughing through two or three feet of snow is not my idea of superb winter
conditions. I'm of on Tuesday to look at the Horseshoe but the conditions
will have to be better than that you report to tempt me into doing the
ridge.

In Wales its a privilage.. Typical, move back to Scotland and they
start getting winters in Wales again...

And I end up on a club meet in Snowfree Glencoe!

Richard Webb

Making up for a bad weekend John Dongle Weights 7 February 17th 04 04:40 PM
any Providence races next weekend? Marcus Holmes Running 1 December 6th 03 06:13 PM
TR - Photos from weekend in Snowdonia Dynamic Walking in the UK 1 August 19th 03 05:12 AM
Great Weekend Clive Walking in the UK 6 August 3rd 03 09:55 PM
Lakes walking next weekend Bob B Walking in the UK 1 July 28th 03 02:09 AM