NYC TRI Rained Out -- What's a Good Winter Tri?

Old August 9th 03, 02:58 AM
ac

Default NYC TRI Rained Out -- What's a Good Winter Tri?

It's been raining all week in the Big Apple, and the race organizers
turned the NYC Tri into a dualthon today. They said the conditions in
the Hudson were too dangerous. I wonder if it was the tides -- or the
runoff from the city streets?

I know I'm not the only one who's disappointed. I live in New York
City -- I can't imagine how it is for all those people who came from
afar!

I'm still determined to do an Olympic-distance race though. The NYC
Tri was going to be my first, but now I have to pick another one.

I was hoping you kind folks could help choose a race for the winter. I
don't think I'll be able to do another tri before the summer ends.

I had planned to finish the NYC tri, and then segue into a century at
the beginning of September, and then the New York City Marathon in
November. If I pick up another Olympic-distance tri now, it'll throw
off my plans for the bike and foot races.

So maybe I can get to a tri after November. Anyone have any
suggestions?

Obviously, I'd like to get to a place where I won't get rained out!
Plus, a culturally interesting location would be nice. And finally,
someplace that I could easily fly in and fly out of for competition.

I'm really determined to get an Olympic distance tri in because I'd
like to do Alcatraz in 2004, and I'd like to get a feeling for that
distance earlier rather than later. Thanks!