Running Shoes

Old August 31st 05, 08:10 AM
Merlin

Default Running Shoes

Im after anyones opinion on the best shoe for running. Ive always used Nike
Air or Air Max shoes for running and have done for years.
I was first informed by a Doctor to get such a shoe as I needed maximum
cushioning for running to avoid impact injuries.
They have served me well however only now I've really stepped up my tempo
with regards to running. Ive joined a club and run most days and do speed
work/intervals.
Since doing this Ive developed shin splints and I've been out for a couple
weeks.
Ive been told by other forums that Nike shoes are pathetic for running. So
now im at a loss as years ago i tried adidas to no avail and found the
impact it caused me was huge and have also tried Asics. I found that yeah
the gel moulds to your foot better but the foot strike on the ground didnt
appear to be as soft. I just found the Nike had way more cushion.
So what is a good shoe if Nike are causing runners problems worldwide?

Old August 31st 05, 08:17 AM
Twittering One

Keds.

Old August 31st 05, 08:40 AM
The Bill Rodgers

You just posted this less than a week ago idiot.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:40:50 +0930, "Merlin"
wrote:

[...]

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."
Old August 31st 05, 10:51 AM
Robert Megee

wrote:

[...]

I'm a bit of a nubie but from advice I've gotten here and from others.
I tried a pair of Brooks Radius 05's They seem to have a lot more
cushioning than the New Balance and Adidis that I tried on. Being
softer, they will wear out faster though.
I've been told that Mizuno Wave Creations are one of the best for
cushioning too. Next pair I'm going to check on them.

Robert Megee
Old August 31st 05, 12:39 PM

I've been running in Sauconys since 1983.Disclaimer: The author is a
non obsessive compulsive disorder fitness runner. I'm not a shoe expert
and I don't play one on the internet.

Old August 31st 05, 03:58 PM
Charlie Pendejo

Merlin wrote:
So what is a good shoe if Nike are causing runners problems worldwide?

Nike aren't causing problems to serious runners worldwide, any more
than other brands.

Good running shoes are made by the following (and surely a few more
I've missed):

Adidas
Asics
Avia
Brooks
Diadora
Etonic
Fila
Hershey
Icebug
La Sportiva
Loco
Merrell
Mizuno
Montrail
New Balance
Nike
Puma
Reebok
Salomon
Saucony
Vitruvian

The key of course is to find a good shoe *for you*, as the Air Max
apparently were before you ramped up your running (I don't know of any
serious runners who wear Air Max, FWIW).

Old August 31st 05, 04:56 PM
The Bill Rodgers

On 31 Aug 2005 06:58:09 -0700, "Charlie Pendejo"
wrote:

Nike aren't causing problems to serious runners worldwide, any more
than other brands.

More uneducated crap, from a newbie know-nothing. So Chuckie Bendahoe,
how's those injurys coming along? I think they should take advice from
someone like me, with a 9 mile a day running habit, and a 1/4 of a
century of injury free running, rather than a newbie who is injured
more than he runs.

Old August 31st 05, 05:00 PM
The Bill Rodgers

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:56:39 -0400, The Bill Rodgers
wrote:

Nike aren't causing problems to serious runners worldwide, any more
than other brands.

And BTW, nikes are garbage, and cause more injuries than all other 6
major brands combined. The latest study was clear on that point. If
you could read you'd know that.

Old August 31st 05, 07:33 PM
Charlie Pendejo

The Bill Rodgers wrote:
I think they should take advice from someone like me, with a
9 mile a day running habit

You call that running??

Listen people, if you're a, uh, "substantial" person on the wrong side
of 200 pounds by a fair margin, and your pace is 14 minutes a mile or
slower, and your "running" mechanics are similar to Bill's (remembering
that Bill does no stretching, and has some spinal malformation bad
enough that it ought to kill him soon) - then by all means, Bill's
experience may hold some relevance for you. Even then you must bear in
mind that he's a flake who one day is in rapturous love with the NB
666-BRCK or whatever model, and the next day he hates it hates it hates
it.

Old August 31st 05, 07:41 PM
The Bill Rodgers

On 31 Aug 2005 10:33:21 -0700, "Charlie Pendejo"
wrote:

Listen people, if you're a, uh, "substantial" person on the wrong side
of 200 pounds by a fair margin, and your pace is 14 minutes a mile or
slower, and your "running" mechanics are similar to Bill's (remembering
that Bill does no stretching

Um stupid, you're wrong on all accounts.
So, how's that INJURY Chuck? Hurt a lot? Swollen? Red? Burning pain?
Gee, it's been about 25 YEARS since I've had that problem, so forgive
me if I laugh at your ignorance and weakness ha ha ha ha ha