Advice on Clip-on Aerobars, please

Old September 17th 03, 04:48 AM
Sam

Default Advice on Clip-on Aerobars, please

Hi to all,

I'm sure it has been covered to death, but a google search didn't turn
up much, so....
I am looking to get a new set of aerobars (clip-on), and wondered what
the best choice might be. I have an old set of Air-Strykes that did me
well, but I am getting back into racing & thought I would get
something new.
I use Campy Ergo & have the dual-cables to contend with. I would like
something that requires cutting back the bar-tape as little as
possible. Lighter the better, of course, but 50 grams one way or the
other is not going to make the sale.
What is being used these days? Anybody love/hate anything?
Many thanks!

Old September 21st 03, 05:52 AM
Doug Fuller

"Sam" wrote:

I am looking to get a new set of aerobars (clip-on), and wondered what
the best choice might be. I have an old set of Air-Strykes that did me
well, but I am getting back into racing & thought I would get
something new.
I use Campy Ergo & have the dual-cables to contend with. I would like
something that requires cutting back the bar-tape as little as
possible.
What is being used these days? Anybody love/hate anything?

By the sounds of things you have a road bike. If that's the case I strongly
recommend Oval Concepts' Slam Bars. These allow you to put yourself in a
natural road bike position but you can get your arms close together. In my
experience regular aerobars (Syntace C2, for example) make you reach too far
forward. I find the Slam Bars very comfortable and are a better option when
using a road bike.

Cheers,
Doug Fuller

Old September 24th 03, 12:03 AM
Sam

Thanks, Doug.
I was just checking out bars last night & came across these for the
first time. They looked interesting. Do they have any height
adjustment for the pads? One thing I liked about my old Profiles was
that I could use different posts to raise the pads, which helped my
back a bit.
And, yes, a road bike.

Old September 24th 03, 04:11 AM
Mike Lana

By the sounds of things you have a road bike. If that's the case I strongly
recommend Oval Concepts' Slam Bars. These allow you to put yourself in a
natural road bike position but you can get your arms close together. In my
experience regular aerobars (Syntace C2, for example) make you reach too far
forward. I find the Slam Bars very comfortable and are a better option when
using a road bike.

Cheers,
Doug Fuller

Good Advice,
I Use Profile Jammer GT's for the saem reason.