How many calories do you eat a day and HOW?

Old July 9th 05, 04:42 PM
Amie

I'm thinking liquid calories would be the way to go as well, now. That
would not fill you up as much, rehydrate, and also replenish
electrolytes. I feel dehydrated a lot lately and I think it's because
I'm depleting electrolytes (sodium, etc) and have just been drinking
water to replace my hydration.

Old July 10th 05, 11:05 PM
User

On 2 Jul 2005 07:53:56 -0700, "Amie"
wrote:

I eat around 3K calories a day and am having trouble keeping up
sometimes. What foods does everyone eat that are somewhat high calorie
but nutrient dense and supportive to a traithlon training plan?

Thanks, Amie

I eat stuff that has nuts, eggs, cheese, tofu, vegetables, a little
bit of lean meat. I also eat some carbs, but try to limit the intake
to a couple of hundred grams per day (not counting what I eat while
training) to either loose weight or prevent weight gain. The only
problem is, that cutting back too far on the carbs can make my races
and training go poorly. Like today, for example. I did a sprint
race, but had only eaten 2 meals per day with carbs during the last
week. I felt unable to "sprint" this race, probably from inadequate
glycogen.